➳ summary

"Why won't you let me love you?"

The words came out before he could stop them and he regretted them immediately.

He could see it in the way Zayn's shoulders suddenly tensed, he could hear it with the exhausted sigh that left the man's lips.

He's made a mistake.

Zayn turned to face him once more, and he looked even more furious than he had before, but there was a hint of something, something like pain.

"Love me," he questioned, accent thick due to the building anger in his voice. "Love me," he repeated, and it seemed to Justin that the repetition only made him angrier, "you hardly even know me!"

Justin bowed his head momentarily before he could work up the courage to look into Zayn's darkening eyes again. "That's not true."

"Oh, isn't it?" His voice was bitter now, oozing something that mixed between disgust and irritation. "You do realize that all this is is sex, right?"

"I do realize that you'd like to think so," Justin said truthfully, "but you know it's far more than that."

For a moment, it seemed like he had finally caught the man off guard, that he had finally uttered something that would keep Zayn speechless. He was wrong, of course, because what came out next was a laugh.

It was cold, yes, but it was also glancing along the lines of hysterical as if Justin had made the joke of the year.

Zayn clapped his hands together. "You know Justin, I really wonder how you got in your place of power when you're this foolish. Clearly, people don't need a brain to run a business anymore. Or maybe that's just you. You didn't have to work your way to the top because you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth. You built this great image of yourself off your father's wealth."

Justin's hands clenched at his sides as he shut his eyes, jaw tightening at the mention of his father. It was a touchy topic, Zayn knew it.

"Justin." It was than that the Canadian took note of the fact that Zayn was now closer, merely a foot away.

His eyes lingered over Zayn's features and they were still as beautiful as ever, even in his current state.

"I'm going to say this one time and one time only, and I want you to understand it this time," he hissed as his eyes narrowed into slits, "you are nothing but a warm mouth to me. I don't want you caring about me and I don't want your affection. What I want is for you to get that this," he said as his left index finger pointed from himself to Justin, "doesn't mean anything. Do you know why? Because you're not the first person I've had sex with and you will not be the last, and that's all this is. Sex. Got it?"

Gazing into Zayn's hollow eyes, he finally did.

And though the words stung, he still gave Zayn exactly what he wanted because truth be told, he practically belonged to the man now and Justin would accept him anyway Zayn would allow him to.

-

In which Zayn is a misunderstood and struggling artist who reveals all his pains and sorrows through his work and Justin is a lonely multi-millionaire who's simply looking for purpose.

Somehow, they find their way to each other.

-

Another story, shocker.

But I simply could not resist going through with this idea.

Usually Justin is the one who's out here breaking hearts, but honestly, I really feel like Zayn has this factor to him that can make people view him as more than just "the heartbreaker," or, "the lady killer."

And though the summary made it look so, DO NOT BE FOOLED Justin is very capable of standing his own ground and will eventually do so.

I've decided to give this work a "theme" song, if you may say: Colors by Halsey. I think it will give you guys a great feel of what kind of person Zayn truly is.

This fic will obviously contain more angst than all my other fics, but hey, that's life.

I will not start going full force on publishing chapters until later on, but I wanted to publish this idea right now.

And I know the cover doesn't match anything on my account but I like it even though it's basic af so oh whale.

How do you guys like it?