Fries Before Guys - #TextrovertOneShot

"Who comes all the way to the fair to stand in line for chili cheese fries? I just don't understand you Keeley." Nicky complained as she stood with Keeley in a line that just never seemed to end.

"Everyone knows that the chili cheese fries they make here at the fair are the best. It's worth the wait." Keeley attempted to convince Nicky to stay, but even she herself was questioning how far she would go for a small bowl of the cheesy goodness. They had already been standing in line for over half an hour anticipating their turn, and there were still at least twenty people ahead of them.

She turned to her best friend. "I know how much you love the Ferris wheel. Just go without me. You can even snag yourself a cute guy and then kiss when you get to the top."

Nicky laughed. "You have been watching way too many romance movies. I'm going to go, but just so you know, it's not going to be any fun without you. But just because you're ditching me for some overpriced fries, I'm going to keep my eyes peeled for your replacement."

Keeley placed her hand over her heart in mock heartbreak before calling out "Have fun!" to Nicky, who was already eagerly skipping to the Ferris wheel.

Over twenty minutes later, Keeley's phone battery was running dangerously low, but thankfully, the number of people in front of her had slowly diminished, and she had finally made it to the front of the line. Just as she was about to step forward to the vendor and place her order, a tall, robust figure practically shoved her out of the way as he positioned himself in front of her.

"Hey!" Keeley exclaimed, angrily. She had waited in line loyally and patiently for almost an hour, and she was not going to let anyone make her wait any longer for her precious fries.

She was about to tell the guy to leave, when she heard his panicked voice talking to the middle aged man who was taking orders.

"Can I have a bowl of chili cheese fries? Please, sir, my grandfather is feeling extremely faint. He really needs to eat some food, or I'm afraid that he will pass out. Please hurry." He pleaded desperately. Hearing his frantic tone, Keeley's anger simmered down into sympathy for the boy and his grandfather.

Keeley discovered the reason for the slow service when the man left to prepare the boy's order. Why a vendor this popular had only one employee, Keeley had no idea, but she thought that it was absolutely absurd. She turned to the boy, who was fidgeting as he nervously waited for his order to arrive. Upon closer inspection, Keeley noticed that he looked about her age, with dark blonde hair and captivating blue eyes. Needless to say, he was attractive, with toned muscles and broad shoulders that were distinguishable from the snug gray t-shirt he was wearing. His physique reminded her of Zach's, or any football player, for that matter.

"Is your grandfather alright?" She asked, concerned.

"Yeah... Food makes him feel better, though." He nodded, leaving a slightly awkward silence.

"You two must be close." Keeley wanted to slap herself as soon as the words left her mouth. She was terrible at small talk. Especially when there was a guy as good looking as him involved.

"I...uh... I guess you could say that."

The man returned with a paper bowl of chili cheese fries, saving Keeley from saying anything else she would later regret.

The boy placed his phone down on the small metal counter as he searched his pockets for his wallet. When he located it, he quickly proceeded to slap a rumpled five dollar bill on the counter before he ran off with his bowl of fries.