Just Another Day...

On the spring of twenty-first, just like any other day. It was sunny, the plants and trees were all green, it felt like as if God is shining above me. As I walk down the street passing by the people, I saw a jeepney headed to Lucao. I knew I was also headed that way, so I decided to ride on it. A few minutes passed, the jeepney stopped by to pick up some passengers. But unexpectedly, two children hop aboard. I noticed they were abandoned, homeless, hungry and of need.

One is older than the other, he was carrying I think his sister no older than five years old and the older brother I think somewhat of the age between twelve years old. He has a homemade drum playing the instrument with no tune or rhythm. As he let his sister sits on the passengers footsteps hoping to earn little just to provide for them both. I watched and I noticed the passengers looked at them with judgment and with no interest.

As we draw near to our destination, still not a single soul saw pity in them. I took a moment to contemplate, what if that was them? What if that was me? And as I think of these things I remembered one of the stories of Jesus Christ when a rich man came up to him and asked what should he must do to enter the kingdom of God? And God said, "Give your riches to the poor and of need for ye must love one another. And the kingdom of heaven shall open its gates unto thee." and that's when I finally made my decision. I reached my destination and as I stepped down the jeep I pulled and reached my hand to the boy and said, "Here, take this money and take good care of your sister for God is watching over you."

--------------------------------

Jeepney- A bus used in Philippines.
Lucao- a place or city in Philippines

MY BROTHER AND I OWN THIS STORY PEOPLE! VOTE AND COMMENT PLEASE!