CHAPTER 1

*Gynn's P.O.V.*

I stared down at my room,a reflection of how my life was. A complete mess. Dirty laundry were strewn all over the floor,a couple of beer bottles and several pools of liquid at different corners of the room. My eyes lazily swept the dressing table,open mascara bottles and broken lipsticks and nail polish of various colours dripping down the table. I scrunched my nose at the choking smell in my room. I really had to do something. I stumbled my way to the window and rolled up the curtain ,momentarily getting blinded by the strong sunset light which seemed to accelerate my migraine.

'God noooo' I groan and drop my body heavily on my bed. My hands grab the pillow and i press it on my face,desperate to stop the stinging tears from flowing.  God knew I had cried enough for the past few weeks. My mother passing away and loosing my job at the same time broke me down to beyond pieces,correct term would be to molecules. All the money I had saved was used up paying those good for nothing doctors who couldn't even save my moms life..she died from Malaria,which fuckin doctor couldn't cure malaria. It made no sense. Hospitals were just playgrounds for doctors to try their new tricks. The little money remaining I resolved to waste it on drinks..hard drinks.

I got up,applied a little makeup on my horrible face, grabbed the house keys and slowly strolled to the bar,to wash my sorrows away. I wasn't much of a religious person so the phrase"cast your burdens unto Jesus for he cares for you" didn't really apply for me. I pushed open the huge glass door and my eyes scanned the already familiar scene .Drunk people dancing on the dance floor,a couple of gay teenagers making out and my favourite person this year..the barman. I didn't have the cliche best friends who are always there for you. It used to be my mum and I,and now that she had gone that left me to me and me alone.

Alex smiled on seeing me though even the lamest person could see that it was a sad smile. The smiles made to sympathise with you.

"And how are you my dearest"

Alex said smiling at me as I positioned myself on my usual stool.

"Not good..as usual."

"Maybe you should stop drinking for a while,and face the reality,then start working on  measures that will get you back on track. You could......"

"Enough already. You know if I stop drinking,your business goes down. I wouldn't want to watch you go jobless like me..so how about two bottles of Tusker ? "

When Alex finally handed me the bottles i couldn't be more thankful. I drain the bottles in such a short time and my eyes became teary as the bitter drink rolled down my throat.Life totally sucked. I engaged Alex in meaningless conversation,my croaky voice damaging my throat the more. my eyes scanned the room only to fall on the same brown eyes that stare at me each time. I looked at him up and down but quickly dismissed him. I didn't need to add more complications in my already complicated life. God,why does he keep staring at me ?

A look at my watch indicated that it was already 9pm,time to sleep and forget everything for a couple of hours. Thanking Alex,I pushed my way through the sweaty bodies and exited my second home. I scrolled through my contact list desperately wishing for the taxi driver's name to pop up. 25403150714..there it is. He didn't even pick up,I had been his regular customer so he just drove by.

Guys i know this is such a short chapter but please forgive me coz its the first chapter in my life.The next chapters will be longer to make up for this..and guys this is not edited so forgive the mistakes.The real thing has not even started,wait till i introduce the guy.i will be updating regularly.

Your comments are highly appreciated.

You can follow me at randall_daphne to check on the latest updates .

Love you guys.