Goodbye Mike

Mike looked up, watching as El fought off the Demogorgon. He couldn't let her die. She'd just gotten her first tastes of happiness after a lifetime in a lab.
       He yelled out to her, anything to stop her, anything to keep her here. She slowly turned around, tears in her eyes. Mike looked back, eyes begging her to stay. "Goodbye Mike"
       As she spoke those words, time stood still. Mike only had one thought running through his mind, he couldn't let her leave.
       Finding strength somewhere deep inside of himself, Mike jumped up and ran forward. He could feel Dustin and Lucas' hands attempting to pull him back, the sound of their voices a whisper to him. His world revolved around El. She didn't have enough energy to throw him back this time.
       Mike grabbed El's lowered hand, something to keep her anchored to the world. El turned to Mike, shaking her head to say no. Mike could feel what energy he had left suddenly draining away. "I'm sorry." El whispered. Mike just nodded and tightened his grip on her hand.
       Mike knew she was scared, and while he didn't know what would happen, he knew he needed to protect her. She meant too much to him now. "I'll keep you safe, I promise." El understood, nodding to show this. And as everything began to fade to black, she repeated the word, their word: "Promise"

A/N: This is just a chapter to start a story idea that I had. Hope you enjoy it. I'm also getting some Fillie ideas together so I can have variety in my stories. Hope you enjoy, have a good one! :)