First Winter

"Daddy! Look outside!" Celeste said running into the kitchen, holding her teddy bear, to her father, who was making breakfast.

"Dad!", Vox said running downstairs, "There's something going on outside!"

Now Vox and Celeste were looking up at Ardan who continued to cut up some fresh bell peppers, "Yeah that's snow."

"What?" Celeste said in a very confused voice.

"Snow... Dats that thing old man Reim can do." Vox said poking Celeste in the arm.

"Oh! Wait! You guys haven't seen real snow before. Well I know Reim works with snow... Whatever." Ardan said looking up in surprise, dropping the knife onto the cutting slate.

"I'm confused now." Celeste said.

"Ok," Ardan began as he dropped down to one knee to get somewhat at eye level with his young children, "So you guys haven't experienced a real winter before. This is Winter, a time when frozen rain falls from the sky. It's a time to be with friends and enjoy life."

"So it's like hail?" Celeste asked attempting to comprehend the concept of snow.

"No, it's more like... White powder... I guess. But cold." Ardan said trying to explain an unknown concept.

"So like... What was it..." Vox said frustrated looking for right word, "So like cocaine?"

"Yeah! Reim is a cocaine wizard!" Celeste said jumping at the thought.

"Where did you learn that word?!?" Ardan shouted obviously startled, "You're eight years old!"

Later... (lol)

"Stay on the playground, okay?" Ardan said to Vox and Celeste who were dressed in a heavy winter coat over a medium length dress, and a heavy coat over his pajamas (Sleepwear).

A small nod from both of them was the only response he received.

"Okay go have fun." Ardan said with a small smile.

The two children ran towards a snow covered playground where their friends were already at.

Vox ran up to his small group of friends which at the time consisted of Ringo and Taka, although since BlackFeather (I really wanted to say "YoungFeather" lol) was friends with Taka he was there and same with Adagio.

Celeste walked over to her friends, Koshka, Kestrel, Joule, and Skye.

"This is weird, I don't like it it's cold." Celeste said to her friends.

"I like it! It's so pretty." Koshka said looking up into the air at the falling snow.

"Yeah I'm really cold too." Kestrel said with a small frown.

"Guys, come on! Enjoy the nice weather." Skye said looking around at the ground.

"You two are way to happy about this weather." Joule said with her hands in her pockets, and she was shivering a lot.

"Why aren't you wearing a coat Joules?" Kestrel asked in a muffled voice as her face was half buried in the neck of her coat.

"I don't know, I didn't think I would need one."Joule said shivering even more.

"Just go get a one from your house, you live across the street, I can see your house! It's right there." Celeste said pointing at a blue house slightly down the street on the opposite side.

"Ugh! I don't want to." Joule said throwing her head back, looking up into the sky.

"Atleast roll your sleeves down. You have long sleeve shirt on." Koshka said.