HOW KEELEY MET TALON

If Talon and Keeley never swapped phones, where would they have met? Perhaps the beach?

"Nicky! This can't happen again! My wallet is giving me puppy eyes every time I open it to bail you out!"

"It's not my fault Old Patrol has gotten better at their game! How was I supposed to know the old ladies would hop out of their wheelchairs and start screaming about how I pushed them?"

Keeley rolled her eyes.

"Perhaps the little nod they gave each other before it happened?"

"Little details." Nicky sniffed.

They walked in a comfortable silence until Nicky broke it.

"So what do you want to do? It is a beautiful Saturday afternoon." Nicky said, doing an embarrassing skip-dance.

Keeley began walking faster, pulling her friend towards the beach.

"I don't know about you, but I could go for a free slushie..." Keeley waved the tempting offer in Nicky's face. She had gotten the voucher from one of Zach's many friends, one who worked at the beach snack shack.

"You had me at the word free. Let's go." Nicky said, pulling Keeley towards the beach. Keeley looked down sadly at her new flip flops. She would have to buy a new pair every week if Nicky continued to ruin their traction.

When they got to the beach hut, Keeley had to duck as a tall surfer carrying a board nearly tripped on them.

"Nicky!"

"Sorry!" Her loopy friend tossed over her shoulder to the bewildered surfer.

The two girls quickly got in the long line that adjourned the snack shack and began to scope out the competition.

"Now as soon as you pay, I'll run over between the two red umbrellas and grab us a spot." Nicky had a stick and was drawing her plan in the sand.

Keeley nodded and saluted.

As soon as they ordered, Nicky took off in a sprint, only tripping on one party laying in the sand. Keeley shook her head and swept her hair up into a messy bun. Man was it hot!

She heard the barista call her and Nicky's names. She turned to get two straws and unwrapped them. When her gaze returned to the counter, the drinks were gone!

She looked around and saw a tall boy holding her drinks and walking away. He took a sip of her drink and held Nicky's in his other hand.

He wasn't wearing a shirt, his broad muscles on display for everyone at the beach. Where had she seen him before?

She thought back and realized he had been the surfer riding the waves with a large crowd of ladies cheering from land when she and Nicky had arrived.

She quickly shook off her thoughts and chased after him.

"Hey! Excuse me Mister? Where do you think you're going?" She finally caught up to him and breathed in. She was not as athletic as her brother Zach. He was fast and played football with ease. Along with wearing heavy pads. Keeley could barely sprint without having to lay down.

"Not another one." He rolled his beautiful baby blues and Keeley sighed. His eyes were attractive, but his attitude wasn't. She quickly snapped out of it.

"What do you mean?" She asked, narrowing her eyes.

"Not interested in barracudas. Sorry hon." He said, turning to walk away.

"What are you doing?" She demanded, running in front of him again.

"Going back to my spot. Would you like my day-to-day schedule as well?" He asked sarcastically, obviously annoyed.