The Ferris ride

Just as they made half way through the crowd towards the ferris wheel, "Hurry up Keeley! I want to ride the ferris wheel, you know it's my favorite.", Nicky yelled to her best friend. This was the last night the country fair was open before packing up and moving to another town. There were 10 more minutes before closing time and Nicky knew the line for the ferris wheel would be crowded.

"Dont worry, we'll ride the ferris wheel" Keeley said offhandedly as she rummaged through her purse, looking for her cell phone. "I know it's somewhere inside my purse" she muttered to herself. Nicky noticed Keeley's panic and frowned. " You had it when we were eating fries. I remember Zach texting you." Keeley's face paled. "Shit! I think I left it there." As soon as Nicky heared these words, her face dropped in dissapointment.

Keeley made a quick decision and said "Wait for me in the line. I'll be back soon." She rushed to the table they sat earlier and saw with great dissapointment that the table was empty. She moved towards the table muttering "Excuse me" as she passed a tall, blonde boy whose physique told he was a football player. Keeley searched on the ground and grass but she could not find her phone.

She jerked and turned when she felt a hand on her shoulder only to see the same blonde boy standing next to her. "Is this what you are searching for baby doll?" he asked and handed her phone. She noticed that he was the type of boy, girls would fall for. Though his looks were attractive, he was obviously not her type. When she didn't answer, he continued "I found it on the grass with my phone". She thanked him and he winked. That moment, she could tell something was fishy.

She went back to Nicky just in time for their ride. After the ride, Nicky dropped Keeley at her house. Keeley went to her room, took a book and when she lay on her bed, she saw a message pop up on her screen "Hey baby doll"

A smile appeared on her face and she knew that this contact would last long.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a fanfiction of the book "The cell phone swap" written by DoNotMicrowave and I wrote it for the Textrovert one shot contest.
This is my first experience in writing. So please share your suggestions to improve my writing. Please vote and comment if you like my work.