No Hope

Laura's POV

I was sitting near the campfire at the camp waiting for Carl and the rest of the group to return.  

The only other person at the camp was Judith and I was watching her. It was getting late and Judith was asleep, but I wanted to wait until they were back until I went asleep.

 I hugged my self to try to keep warm but it didn't help much.

 I got up and went to my temporary tent to grab my jacket. I left my gun in there figuring I wouldn't need it. I went back to the fire and waited. 

I saw a group of figure in the distance and yelled," Hey guys, I am over here!" figuring it was Carl and the group. But, I was wrong. As they came closer I realized they were walkers. I gasped and looked toward my tent but another mini herd were blocking it . I turned around and was going to try to run that way, but they were blocking that exit to. " Oh no, oh no." I said under my breath. I have no hope now. 

I felt into my boot and grabbed my extra knife, I knew that I wouldn't make it out of here alive, but I might as well die trying. I sliced at walkers and killed at least 10, but then one came behind me and bit me in the side. I screamed out in pain and stuck a knife in it's head. 

It fell to the ground with a thud. But that was the least of my accomplishments. I still had at least 20 walkers after me. The pain in my stomach from the bite was overwhelming. I slumped to the ground in defeat and waited for more pain to come. To feel my grasp on life slip from my hands faster and faster. 

That was until I heard gun shots. I sat up painfully and looked around. I saw Carl and the group  with their guns, shooting the walkers, I sighed with relief and stood up ignoring the shooting pains in my side.  I wave at Carl and he ran over. 

" Are you alright?" he said into my ear as he embraced me into a hug. I winced, as he hugged the part of my stomach where I was bit. " Yeah, fine just got scraped a little on my stomach when I fell." I told him choosing to not tell him I was bit. At least not yet.

 He looked at me to make sure I wasn't lying. He nodded then gently connected his lips with mine. I gently moved my lips in rhythm with his but then pulled away seeing his father staring right at us. I blushed and then gave him a hug and whispered " Goodnight." In Carls ear then headed off to bed. When I got to my tent I layer down on the opposite side of my wound.

 I got comfortable then closed my eyes and fell asleep. In the middle of the night I woke up screaming in pain. The bite was screaming in pain. Carl ran in the tent and kneeled over me giving me a worried look. 

" Whats wrong?!" he asked.  I pointed toward my stomach where I was bit and lifted my shirt up and showed him the bite. 

" No." he said so quietly, it was almost a whisper. Tears formed in his eyes as one rolled down my cheek. He pressed his lips against mine for one last time, both of us knew I was going to die. I pulled away and looked him in the eyes. I looked at his gun and knotted.

His hands shook as he pulled it out from his holster. He cocked the gun and then aimed it at my head, putting his finger on the trigger. I looked him straight in the eye. 

"Goodbye." was the last thing he said before he pulled the trigger.