A Hurt Ankle and a Helpin Hand

Beth POV

      Daryl carried me bridal style up the stairs towards the bedroom. My ankle was still swollen an hurt like crazy. I kept lookin up at his blank, expressionless face. I don't know why, but he was always so beautiful to me. He was a strong headed, stubborn, rude, I don't give a "what" about anythin kinda guy, but when he wanted to (which was rarely ever) he could be a sweet an pretty considerate guy. He came upon the old, dusty looking room. It was obviously a girls room, with the pink an purple flower curtains. She had a pretty big bed. Two people could definitely fit.
*wink*
   "What?" Daryl  said with a confused look.
   "Hmmm, what?" I said snappin out of my thoughts.
   "You just winked at me." He said kinda amused.
   "What?.....Uh.....no my eye just twitched."  I said avoidin eye contact.
   "Mhm okay, sure. Anyway....uh....you just get some rest." He said turnin to leave.
     "WAIT! Daryl, wait. Please stay up here with me. This house is creepy, and there aren't any other actual beds."  I said lookin up to the hole in the roof revealin the night sky.
           "Fine, but only cuz I want to. Hmph."
     He looked around awkwardly and then at me. He rubbed his hand on his neck. I patted the space next to me on the bed then laid down on my side. He laid down facing me . We were so close I could feel his warm breath, which smelled like beer of course. Our noses barely even 3 inches apart. He looked down at my lips. I closed the gap between us and gave him a small peck on the lips. He blushed an I smiled then turned around. It's not like I didn't want to kiss kiss him, it's just I don't think that it's the right time. He gave a harsh breath an I snuggled back towards him.
    With the hole in the roof, the room became freezin. I woke up shiverin.
       "Beth you awake?"
       "Mmm."
     He scooted closer an wrapped me in his arms. He will probably say it was for warmth but I think it was just because he wanted to. The next  mornin I woke up to sunshine beamin down on my face. I felt my head rising an fallin, confused I looked around. My head was on Daryl's chest, with his arms wrapped around me. I stirred a little and accidentally woke him up.
   "Good mornin, Daryl."
   He sat up quickly an harshly got out of bed. He ran his hands through his
messy, tangled hair. It looked like somethin was on his mind.
       "Beth, what happened last night....was a mistake. I mean, this...this
is wrong, you're, just not...ugh, this was all just a mistake. I'm sorry I'm not tryin to lead you on it's just...."  My heart shattered into a million pieces .
     "What..., Daryl, I'm confused. Last night,... I....what the heck." My voice cracked while trying not to cry but my heart betrayed me.
       "Shoot...Beth, I'm sorry...I gotta...I gotta go." He said practically runnin out of the room and down the stairs.
       I got out of bed an tried to follow him, but he was just too fast. With my ankle still throbbin in pain, I hobbled down the stairs as fast as I could. When I made it downstairs, he was nowhere to be found. I heard the bang of the back door to my left, and went that direction.
      "DARYL! DARYL WHERE ARE YOU?"
     I heard a grunt outside , and then a loud *clang* followed by a deafenin grumbling sound. I go around the house to see Daryl speedin a way on his motorcycle . He wouldn't just leave me...right?!? I mean, he has to come back! 
       I walked inside, an saw that he left his crossbow on the table. I picked it up an sat down by the table. Beth, don't worry he is going to walk through that door any minute now to get his crossbow. .... I was wrong. He didn't come back for hours. I fell asleep twice, an woke up every time thinking I heard a noise. Thinking I heard him.