Back and forth

Hey guys skye here with my first solo story!!! So I have no idea on how long to make these or how often to post soooooo let try

Curiosity killed the cat they say. What a lie. Curiosity is a necessity in life.

Darkness. Ahead I see a faint light.

I walked out of the vast evergreen forest. Before me was a light so brilliant and bright I could not see the surroundings that lay ahead. Behind me was the dark forest. There was a cold draft coming deep within the timber. I got the feeling, for a reason unknown to me, that I didn't want to go back. My mind was bouncing back and forth. "Go forward to the mysterious place that lay ahead or trudge through the terrifying forest?"

When I said it aloud it seemed stupid I was even thinking about this. My feet sparked to life but before long I stopped cold. I was so so so stupid how could I not have noticed. My memory was gone. My surroundings swirled together making me dizzy, I sat puzzled on the rough ground. I tried to think back but my mind hit a wall there was absolutely nothing.

With nothing to go back to I was certain I would go onward, and although the prospects of an adventure brightened my mood a little. It had no ultimate effect on my gloomy mood. The  fact that my memeries were gone was overbearing, sitting there lists of things popped up in my mind. All of these things I should remember they should bring me joy and meaning. My name, my family, my friends, my happiness, my fears., my whole life.

It was all gone.

Drying the tears that had sprung to my eyes I mustered as much courage as I could and stepped into the light.