Textrovert One Shot

A/N: This is my entry for the Textrovert Contest. Lindsey Summers, or DoNotMicrowave is the author of the original story, The Cell Phone Swap, which will be published as Textrovert. I hope you enjoy this one shot and I certainly do I hope that I will be one of the four lucky writers chosen to win an advanced signed copy of Textrovert.
•1867 words•
Much love,
Vanessa

--

Sweat dripped down my back as I threw open the door to my bedroom. Nicky sat in the middle of my bed, smiling giddily at me.

"What took you so long Keeley? We're going to be late. We're meeting up with Cameron remember?" Nicky asked. I groaned. I didn't want to hang out with some football player, they were all fuckboys apparently they were cute. Then again, every girl besides me wanted to.

"Do I have to Nicky? Can't you just go by yourself?"

"Get ready before I throw you into the car myself." She smiled.

"Fine," I muttered. "You're way too thirsty for him." I started walking towards the restroom.

"I HEARD THAT!"

I laughed.
--
I let the water cascade over my shoulders and back, relishing the relaxing and refreshing feeling of it before stress and annoyance start to pound on me later on. I stepped out of the shower, throwing on a white tee with a pale-blue ombre sweatshirt and navy skinny jeans. I painted my eyes in a natural shimmering nude color and used liquid eyeliner to make winged eyeliner. The mascara brushed my eyelashes, making them seem longer and more visible. I came out, to find that Nicky had already left my room, and was waiting beside my car. I laughed a little and put on my usual black Vans.
--
The door behind me closed as I slid into the passenger's seat.

"You look more dressed up today, looking to get some guys?" Nicky smirked, nudging me with her elbow.

"I have to look at least decent, many people will be there."

"Sure," she said, dragging out the r and e sound. I sighed dramatically, and the engine started.

Soon enough we reached the carnival, and I already see many people laughing and running to different rides. The ground was already filled with different wrappers and napkins, but I thought I saw some words. I peered closely down. Whatever it was, had disappeared.

A squeal behind me caught my attention. Of course, Nicky was already hugging and kissing Cameron. I started over to the where all the food was and bought myself cheese fries. The cheese fries smelled so good. So bad for your health, but so good. I could already feel my mouth watering. I raised the cheese fry up to my lips and opened my mouth. Before I could eat, it disappeared right between my fingers and I was left with eating air. I cursed under my breath and looked up, preparing to start yelling at whoever dared to come close enough to touch and eat my food. What a coincidence. I slowly muttered a few insults and groaned audibly.

"What do you want?" I drawled, though I could feel my heart start beating a little bit faster. I couldn't tell if it was because of my anger and annoyance or something else but I was sure it was a bad feeling.

There he was, the captain of the rival high school's football team, JT, grinning at me. He draped his arm over me and I shivered in disgust.

"Hey babydoll, just wanted to see how you were doing and if you wanted to stay with me after for one more ride."

"I'm soooo sorry JT, but I don't ride small dicks like you," I smiled and batted my eyelashes innocently, taking my beloved cheese fries and walking away. He stepped in front of me.