You're half as mentally draining

"You should really start locking your door, Choi Minho." Jonghyun talks as he steps into Minho's apartment, and when he sees Minho isn't in the living room he goes off into the direction of his bedroom. "It's late. I could be a serial killer for all you know." He opens the door, and surely, Minho's there, sitting in his desk chair, looking about ready to rip his hair out. He looks drained and Jonghyun almost thinks this is a bad time, though he knows that it isn't.

Someone in the company had told Jonghyun Minho had visited earlier today, but left soon after. Angry, quietly huffing and puffing and cursing, as they described, and honestly the whole image seemed hilarious to Jonghyun.

"But you're not." Minho answers, calm. Jonghyun thinks his earlier anger is water under the bridge, before Minho shoots him a sharp look. "Why are you even here, hyung?"Jonghyun shifts uncomfortably in his spot in the doorway.

"Anual visit?" Jonghyun tries.

"You were here yesterday. You slept here." Minho reminds and Jonghyun winces like he were caught in a dirty lie.

"Yeah, well," Jonghyun speaks, sitting down on Minho's bed. Minho doesn't turn his chair around, he keeps staring at the computer screen and his fingers stop just a centimeter above the keyboard, waiting for words to form. Maybe if he stares long enough words will magically appear. "Are you working?" It's late to ask.

"Trying to."

"Should I leave?" Jonghyun, kind, asks.

"No. Stay. Please," Minho talks and Jonghyun wants to laugh at how robotic it sounds.

"What are you working on anyway?" Jonghyun asks from his place on the bed, trying to see the computer screen past Minho's shoulder. As much as he can see it's a blank Word document.

"Projects." The answer is short and Jonghyun demands more detail.

"What kind?"

"Songs. Writing and listening. Talking with rookies, looking my schedule over when can I appear on rookie shows." Minho speaks and really, that's not any of his jobs that he normally has, so Jonghyun guesses Minho went on one of his 'yes sprees' where he tells yes to everything without even noticing.

"And that's not everything, is it?" Jonghyun knows it isn't.

"No. She doesn't want to go further." Minho looks more agitated than sad. "What a waste! And I liked her, too." It's about the girl Minho was about dating. She was a trainee, but Jonghyun guesses she was too weak to handle dating someone famous, thought it to be more trouble than it's worth. It won't be long before she leaves the business, Jonghyun can guess.

"Not all of them can be winners, buddy." Jonghyun comforts and he knows it doesn't help. "But... Are you alright?.. I mean in general." He tries. "Are you?"

"Peachy." Jonghyun can just hear the sarcastic smile on Minho's face.

"I could try comforting you, if you'd like."

"It's fine." Minho sighs, and it really isn't. There isn't much how Jonghyun can help but he's always ready to try.

He stands up and walks over to Minho, spinning the office chair around and he looks into Minho's bored eyes.

"I could try, right?" Jonghyun asks and slowly sinks to his knees. Noticing the little resistance Minho's putting up, he seems to want to see Jonghyun try. "Why don't you ever tell me these things? You know I'm always here and ready."