Chapter 1 - Im Listening

THIS IS MY FIRST SUPERNATURAL STORY, I HAVE A ONESHOTS BOOK AS WELL, BUT OMG SORRY IF THIS IS BAD, LMAO
Stay rad✌🏻
WARNING FOR SELF HARM MENTION, SUICIDAL THOUGHTS, ABUSE MENTION

"Dear God,
I- ... I don't really know how to do this, I've never really done it before. To be honest, I never really believed.
I mean, if you existed, what in the world, did I do to deserve this life?
Anyway, I need some help, I don't know what to do anymore...
I... don't know where things went wrong, I mean, you think It can't get any worse,
And of course it does.

Look, I don't even know if you can hear this, or not, but.... forget it. I'm sure I'm not worth your time anyway."
I sighed, putting my hands down, and closing my eyes.

Of course it didn't work

But I couldn't erase the hope from my mind, that someone would still respond.
I turned, checking the clock.
2:24am
Closing my eyes, I laid back down into bed, trying to get at least some sleep.

  (((/\)))(((/\)))(((/\)))(((/\)))(((/\)))(((/\)))(((/\)))

My eyes shot open, and I couldn't tell if it was from the nightmare, or the man standing at the end of my bed.
What the hell?!
"Wait!" He whispered, putting his hands out in surrender.
I scrambled backwards in my bed, panting.
"Calm down, I'm here to help.
My names Gabriel
Im an Archangel."

I froze. "Prove it."
I didn't know what else to say, and I wasn't really hip on letting some guy make me talk about my problems who wasn't even really an Archangel.
I felt the eye roll, even though I couldn't see it in the small amount of moonlight that was filtering through the shades on my windows.
"Hey, you asked for help! I'm here, kiddo. Probably shouldn't be, but I was curious." He smirks, and what I can only guess was him clicking his fingers, the lamp turned on.

It was only then I noticed the man.
Mainly he didn't have wings, like they do in all the fairytales and story's.
But it was his eyes that convinced me that what he was saying was true.
I'd never seen any that we're so... beautiful. Goldish brown, they looked gentle but fierce.
He tilted his head, putting his arms out on either side.
"How bout we go somewhere where your parents won't wake up and see some guy in your room?." He grinned, as I weakly nodded, still freaked out a bit.
I mean, I wanted this, I prayed for this, but I didn't think.... I didn't really believe.
He stepped forward, and I was certain he would have heard my heart beating out of my chest.
"Chill out." He mumbled, pressing two fingers to my forehead.

And then we were in the park, a block from my house. It was empty, with it being 3 in the morning now.
I didn't even question anything anymore, I just believed he was really an... Archangel.
"So, what's your name kid?" He smiled, sitting down on the swings.
I joined him, smiling softly, excited.
"My names Gabby."
He nodded, "Nice name, similar to mine, so you must be awesome."
I blushed, laughing softly.
"I don't know about that. Kinda the opposite actually." I murmured.
He frowned, "Spill it on me sister, that's what I'm here for."
I paused.
"Well, family problems, school problems, friend problems, or lack of, and life problems. The whole kit and kaboodle."
I hesitated, did I really want to spill all my problems to an angel?
I guess he already knew everything, right? I mean he was an angel, it's their job.
"Um, well.... My dad did a lot of wrong things when I was growing up, and well, I didn't know it was wrong until I was about ten. I mean, I didn't enjoy it, but I didn't exactly stop it either, I just..." I paused when I saw his eyes flash in an emotion that was there as quick as it was gone.
It almost looked like he was angry, but I couldn't really tell.
" I just, I don't know, I didn't tell anyone until this year... and in between that time, I started self harming, and purging and starving myself because I hated everything about me, I still do. And then I kept ending up in hospital, and I was getting bullied, and I got sent to a mental hospital... and then my family just went all wrong." I ranted, my face turning red in embarrassment.
"Im sorry, I- I just needed to talk to someone..." I whispered, letting my hair fall over my face.
Gabriel was silent, and I was sure he'd left, bored with my problems.
"Your right, that does suck." He sighed.
I almost jumped, realising he was sill here.
"You know, life is a mystery to most, including me, actually." He paused, turning to face me.
"And I mean, confusing. The more I think about it, my brother, an angel, is married to a human male, which goes against everything we've been taught, or programmed at all, but I like it. He's happy. I guess I prefer humanity than, well.. heaven. It's were I was created, born, whatever- but it... it wasn't happy. I wasn't happy."

"But I also know not all humans are good, your father a prime example of that. That was wrong, what he did, Gabby. I'm sorry you had to go through that."
I looked him in the eye, and smiled softly.
"Can you... tell me more about you? I mean, you don't have to, but I'm talking to an angel! May as well make the most of it." I grinned, secretly glad to change the subject for a second.
He hummed, shrugging.
"I don't see why not?"

Peace out mofos ✌🏻🤘🏻 x