Battle for Fillory

Grabbing Quentin's hand I propel us into the fountain after Penny. In seconds we're in Fillory pulling ourselves out of the water and into a new world.
"What?" Quentin gasps at what lays before us. Fillory is no longer the colorful, whimsical place we'd read about as kids, the place Quentin still reads and dreams about, this Fillory is foggy and colorless. There's no grass, no flowers, the trees are bare, the branches curling inward, the once beautifully described building are dark and decaying. Fillory itself seems vacant and absent of any life but we know at least one being dwells here,  The Beast.
"This is the Fillory you were having wet dreams about." Penny asks Quentin in his usual sarcastic tone.
"Julia," Quentin turns to me on disbelief, "look at what he's done to it."
"Ugh, I need a drink." Eliot rolls his eyes and lifts his flasks to his lips. Quentin hangs his head not saying another word. Of course seeing his beloved Fillory in this state would upset him but thankfully he doesn't seem to be dragging himself into his usual pit of darkness.
"Come on Quentin, we're gonna get him."
"Ho-"
"We. Are. Going. To. Stop. Him." I use my stern voice just incase he starts to doubt himself. He nods and all six of us advance into the barren woods. Margo, Eliot, and Penny to my left and Quentin and Alice on my right, we are going to beat him. Branches and dried grass snap and crunch under our feet as we continue on, taking in the eerie sight around us. We all begin to notice the same thing about every ten feet or so, it's graves but the caskets are above ground. The casket that we've come across now has a very familiar name engraved on its surface. Tapping Quentin I direct his attention to the headstone.
"Martin Chatwin."
"So the kid died here, so what?"
"Penny can you drop the tough act for five minutes?" He waves a dismissive hand at Alice. I look toward Quentin taking in his fidgeting and darting his eyes before he quickly recovers. He walks to Martin's grave pressing a hand on the casket before walking away leaving us to follow him. We continue aimlessly walking through the gray trees Penny letting us know his objection the whole way. Suddenly Quentin stops and turns to us.
"Let's do a locator spell."
"Are you crazy?" Margo rushes forward.
"No."
"Quentin the Beast has an unknown amount of power he could reverse the spell and find us then he'd have the advantage." She explains. Quentin seems reluctant but before he can protest a large, blue moth comes flitting about landing on his nose. We all stop, frozen in place waiting to see what it's going to do. This is the only colorful thing we've seen here and the most menacing. Quentin pulls it from his face and crushes it in his fist.
"What was that?" Eliot points a drunken finger.
"The Beast," Quentin answers, "he's on to us."
"Let's move." I tell the group and we take off running into a nearby cave where we stay for the next ten minutes. We came to fight the Beast but the fact that he's found us first gives him the advantage so we need to come up with a new strategy.
"I have an idea."
"What is it?" Margo asks
"One of us should step out into the woods and wait for him, when he shows up we all fire as much as we can at him. He won't expect it so we'll have the upper hand."
"That's stupid," Penny chimes in, "if this Beast has as much power as we think he'll sense us before we can sabotage him."
"So we do a locator spell, when we find him we can watch his movements see exactly when he gets in range of our trap."
"Quen-"
"Margo, we may as well try if he has that much power then he's found us already anyway."
"Indeed I have." Comes a haunting British voice. He jumps from the top of the cave and stands before us, a million moths cover his head. Quentin rushes past us and the Beast steps back with a chuckle. Once I get beside Quentin and see his face I know we're going to lose, his emotions have taken over.
"You destroyed Fillory, you killed Martin Chatwin, you, you're going to die." In the blink of an eye he's turned into a confused mass of emotion all logic and strategy out the window. His hands start to move faster than I've ever seen them I can't make out the spell he's casting. Although he has disregarded everyone else's safety he's our friend and we won't let him fight this battle on his own so we begin our own spells. The battle magic conjures in our hands before shooting toward him, six different spells slamming into him at once sends him flying but he's back in front of us within seconds. But we have more for him everyone executes the same spell sending out fire balls that merge into one and crash into him. With the flick of his hand the fire is gone and he's coming at us, he's just as powerful as Margo predicted. No one else seems the notice the motion and continue to throw spells at him even if they did notice we have no other choice, we have to give ourselves a fighting chance. Everything we cast does him no harm he just exstinguishes them with the flick of a hand. Through all the noise I hear him chuckle, making fun of our efforts. Quentin hears him too and stops confusing everyone. He steps toward the Beast tossing his bag in the process.
"Had enough Mr. Coldwater?" The Beasts apparent amusement angers Quentin even more.
"This is for Fillory." Quentin shouts. His hands began a foreign spell, the latin words come tumbling from his mouth at a supernatural speed then the smoke starts. a gust of bright blue smoke flows from his hands covering the floor underneath us before it lifts whirling around us. Quentin's hair whips around his face as he finishes the spell, with the final words he pushing his hands outward projecting it toward the Beast. The Beast presents a six fingered and the smoke instantly gravitates to it. That's when it hits me he hasn't been extinguishing our spells he's been absorbing them.
"Quentin stop!" I yell but it's too late. Everything slows down and we watch as the Beast brings a hand from behind his back, raising it in to his chest. A glowing green mist starts to form out of thin air creating a ball in his hand where it levitates swirling and spinng in slow motion.
"Now this, is for Fillory, my Fillory." With that he flings the ball toward us. It hits Quentin first evaporating him before it gets the rest of us.