rain on me - phan oneshot

phil loves the rain, he's a plant enthusiast and an optimist. call him a dreamer and he'll blush, taking your words as kind compliments and falling in love with a stranger.

dan finds joy by looking at pretty things, pretty things that were also known as phil lester. the outside didn't interest him and he gave a pessimistic glare at rain, he had enough sunshine living with phil anyway.

'dan! dan it's raining!' beamed phil, bouncing on the balls of his feet like a 5 year old and hurtling towards the door, armed with a coat dan insisted he wore whenever he went out.

dan simply smiled at the 29 year old before him, humming for a response and turning back to his book.

'dan! come outside and dance in the rain with me!' laughed phil, running back into the living room and tugging at dans arm, causing the cup of tea balanced precariously beside him to spill down the sofa and dans top.

'whoops.' phil said simply, picking up the cup and setting it on the coffee table.

dan grimaced as the tea ran further down his top. phil noticed and grabbed his arm again, knocking the book out of dans hand and pulling him up towards his bedroom.

'quickly! take off your top and get a new one. i'll put it in the wash, don't worry!' phil beamed, smiling at dan like there was no tomorrow and holding out his hand waiting for the item of clothing.

dan was about to take it off when he stopped, fingers uncurling round the hem and arms dropping to his sides. he hated his body, and phil knew that, never wearing any less than knee length shorts and a t-shirt that covered his shoulders. mirrors in the bathroom were like hell on earth and tank tops were his sworn enemy.

dan looked up slowly to see phil giving him a small, reassuring smile.

'hey.' he said softly, and stepped closer slowly, waiting for dan to back away in rejection. he didn't. 'it's ok.' he almost whispered, taking another step forward and moving his hands towards the hem of dans top.

as phils fingers curled around the hem of dans top, his breathing hitched, looking into phils eyes for reassurance as he allowed him to slowly but surely lift the top up and over his head.

after he had done so, they stayed stood like that for a couple more moments, eyes locked and each other's breath close enough to be felt.

'i-uh.' phil smiled again, turning away and walking out the door. 'i'll put this in the, uh, wash. yeah, the wash.' he awkwardly rushed out the room, running into 2 house plants and nearly falling over a chair.

dan mumbled a 'yeah' as he tried to regain normal breathing and comprehend what just happened. he looked over his room for a new shirt, his eyes landing on the window as he noticed something.

'it stopped raining.'

☔️

'cmon, at least once!' phil protested. it was raining again and phil wasn't giving up on dan this time. 'i could've sworn you finished that book last week anyway, why are you reading it again?'

'hmmm? it's a good book. a good book is always good, no matter how many times you've already read it.' dan argued, raising an eyebrow at phil before returning to the book he had in fact read only last week.

'pleaseeeee?' phil continued to pester, 'i'll never ask you again? promiseeee!'

dan raised another eyebrow at this. 'promise?'

phil jumped onto the sofa beside him, landing on his knees and holding out a pinky.

'promise.'

☔️

dan couldn't believe he was actually letting phil drag him outside while it was pouring it down and everyone else was rushing inside.

'hoods up!' phil laughed as he opened the front door, taking dans hand and pulling him through it.

the rain was pelting down, each droplet making dan flinch and quickly blink. phil was still holding onto dans hand, now attempting to spin dan round with him.

'cmon danny! dance with me you spoon!'

dan shook his head and laughed at this, obliging and spinning phil round through the puddles. this earned strange glares from passerby's but neither of the pair could care less.

they laughed and danced till their fingers turned blue and chests were running out of oxygen.

dan moved them over to the side of the pavement closer to the edge of their apartment block and leaned against the wall, still holding phils hand.

dans eyes wandered over phil's breathless body, his own breath
hitching as he realised how hot phil is. his hair was pushed back into a messy quiff, head thrown back and neck muscles strained so you could see the outline of his collarbones too. his eyes were shut but the water trickling down his face made dan actually want to die with how beautiful he looked right now.

'thanks.' breathed phil, also leaning against the harsh bricks and trying to gain his breath back.

dan looked at him confused, 'for what?'

phil turned round and smiled at him, 'for dancing with me, we haven't done that in a while.'

they stood there for what seemed like hours, slowly edging closer and closer before their noses met in the middle. phil giggled at this, a blush growing on his face.

'can i kiss you?'

dan nodded his head slowly, letting phil close the gap between their lips. the kiss was sweet and the atmosphere around them seemed to heat as phil wrapped his arms around dans neck pulling him closer. dans hands moved to phil's hips, tugging at the loops on his jeans to move them back inside.

however, phil didn't budge. dan rolled his eyes at this, knowing what a cliché romantic phil but didn't break the kiss.

kissing in the rain, dan thought. this man is unbelievable.