Chapter 1

"MINE!" I yelled as jumped up and set the ball to my team's middle hitter, Audrey, who jumped up and executed a perfect hit down on the other side of the court. Whoo! The six of us screamed in unison as we all gathered in the center of our side and high-fived.

"Nice job today ladies! Have a good last couple of days of summer and I'll see you next Wednesday," Coach Brian smiled as his gaze drifted from sweaty teenage girl to sweaty teenage girl. "Broncos on three!"

"BRONCOS!" we all yelled in unison before we casually jogged over to where long empty water bottles had been sitting for the past two hours. Yanking off my navy blue t-shirt I wiped my forehead as I returned to the locker room. Tiredly plopping down on the bench I ripped off my shoes and socks and shoved them into my bag; replacing them with my coveted pair of broken in Chacos.

"Liv are you going to the Summer's party tonight?" Audrey asked, joining me on the bench as she untied her shoes.

"Probably not. That's not really my scene. What about you?" I replied.

"How could I not?! This party is only THE social event of the year, how could you not go? I mean you're the class president shouldn't you be interacting with your peers?"

"A. This is not a school sponsored event. and B. None of my friends are going because like me, this isn't their scene either." I replied as matter of factly. Standing up from my spot on the bench and swinging my backpack over my shoulder. Audrey followed me out of the locker room as we walked down the hall to the parking lot.

"Seriously Liv, these parties are insane. I mean you've been to their insane house with the lake and two boats and jet skis. I heard they hired this Scandinavian DJ who did one of DJ Khaled's parties in Miami and bought two thousand glow sticks. It'll be lit, both figuratively and literally...and you don't even have to drink."

"There's going to be alcohol?!" I exclaimed.

"Chill girl, it's a high school party, it wouldn't be one without it. Haven't you ever been to one of these?" she asked eyeing me questionably.

"I've been to plenty of parties," I shot back.

"Birthday and retirement parties don't count."

I piped down and pressed the unlock button on my car keys. "I'll see. You're right it does sound fun, but my parents would kill me if I drank or did drugs or am five minutes late for my curfew..."

"You'll never live if you're so paranoid all the time. Most of the team is going why don't I pick you up at seven, we'll go to the party, and then you can sleepover. That way your parents are off your back about curfew and if you do happen to have a little to drink you're not paranoid about your parents finding out."

"Well I guess I'm going to the party," I replied with a smile as I turned to walk to my car.

"WEAR A SWIMSUIT!" Audrey added as she climbed into her yellow Jeep Wrangler.

My parents are big on rules...and college and perfect attendance and varsity sports and grades, really just school in general. But it figures since my father is the principal. Yes, the man in charge of everything, and that's an exceptionally powerful and large role especially in my school of a meager 3800. If you're wondering if my peers sometimes act weird around me? or how kids tend to whisper when I'm around? That's a major yes and by the way we will not rat you out, we really don't care about what you do or don't do as long as it's not illegal and/or going to harm yourself or others. But what can you do? My parents are strict about everything, from grades to sports, but honestly my 4.0 GPA, spot on the varsity volleyball team since freshman year, and class president two years and running ain't too shabby to put on college applications. I mean how else am I going to get into Harvard without throwing myself into my academics and extracurriculars? The answer is not going to parties or doing anything remotely for my own enjoyment. Which is partially true; I love volleyball and the friends I've made through the four hundred extra-curriculars I do I wouldn't exchange for the world, it's a shame that I don't have 120 minutes to go see a movie with them though. But I'm not going to blame my parents for my virtually non-existent social life, friends are just not apart of my ultimate vision. CEO. New York. Townhouse on the Upper East Side. Picture with Beyonce on my ten foot mahogany desk. That's my vision, and I don't see a man or a friend in sight. Okay I honestly sound like a stone cold bitch. If anything I'm ambitious and although this sounds like I'm an awful person people are just distractions. And honestly I don't care what people think about me, especially in high school, because in two years I'll be out of Belfield and onto bigger and better things. And by the time I reach where I'm going people will want to be my friend so....