Carpooling

^ Left to right:

        Sandra ( Michelle's mom), Michael  ( Angel's baby  brother ),
Jackson ( Michelle's older brother) ,
Angel , Drew ( Angel's little brother ),
Lucas ( Michelle's dad), Mrs. Grace ( Angel's mom) , Ms. Lydia ( Teacher),
And Michelle

       The sun outside was glaring down at everything, making it seem like it is glowing. The dew drops from the previous night was still on the clean cut grass. A young girl was sleeping peacefully, with a stuffed giraffe huddled to her face.
   "Get up."
   "What?"
    "Get up."

     The little girl in her baby blue blanket slowly rubbed her eyes. The unicorn bedsheets just seemed so inviting. She hastily got up and made her way to her dresser, carefully picking out a short sleeve white shirt with the words "I believe" and a pair of light pink shorts. She threw it on and went into the bathroom, where her older brother Jackson was doing his hair.

    "Why are you obsessed with your hair!" She demanded.

     "Go away Michelle." Jackson ordered.

      Michelle went downstairs and saw her mother had made eggs. Her father was asleep on the couch after a long night at work.

   "Good morning honey." Her mom said while kissing her daughters head.

   "Good morning Mama." Michelle said back.

  Her mother's doctors coat swayed as she scurried around.

   "Mrs. Grace will be driving you to school today. Your dad will pick you up." Her mother said while giving her a plate of eggs.

  Michelle added some ketchup and finished by the time her brother came downstairs. She rushed upstairs and started to brush her teeth with a berry tasting toothpaste. Gargling, she wiped off the toothpaste from her chin. She spit into the clean white sink and wiped her mouth.

  "Michelle! Mrs. Grace is here!" Her mother shouted.

  "Coming!" Her tiny voice squeaked.

  She ran downstairs. Her best friend was standing there with her mother.

  "Hi Michelle!" Mrs. Grace piped while rubbing her daughter's head.

  "Hi Mrs. Grace! Hi Angel!" Michelle said while hugging the two dark skinned people.

    "Hi Shelly!" Angel said while hugging the American girl.

   (Angel is African American and Michelle is American)

     Mrs. Grace picked up the two 7 year olds in her arms and swung them around playfully before walking out to the car. She set them down while she opened to doors to the gray SUV.

  "Hop in girls!" Grace told them.

   Jackson just walked outside, slamming the door and walked off. He didn't even look back. His backpack hung on one arm while he put in headphones. The angry middle schooler kicked a tree before he realized it would hurt.

  "C'mon lil' girlie!" Mrs. Grace said happily while placing a hand on her hip.

     Michelle nodded her head and jumped in next to Angel.

   "Guess what I heard!" Angel exclaimed.

  "What?" Michelle asked.

  "There is a new teacher at the school!And she teaches our class!" Angel screamed, "and her name is Ms. Lydia!"

    Michelle smiled so brightly. Earlier this summer they were all sent an email that said:

      Dear Parents and Gaurdians,

             We have just been informed that Mrs. Blacsop has left the district for personal reasons. She was too teach this year's first grade. We will have a new teacher soon. Have a wonderful afternoon,
   Principal Mumit