Chapter 1

It's kind of hard to be the favorite one when you have two older sisters Lane and Rebecca that are always trying to get you in trouble, and a little brother Caleb that tries to get himself out of trouble. I'm the middle child my name is Elizabeth Jane Bridges, but people call me Lizzy. Unless I'm in trouble then its Elizabeth Jane Bridges. Most of the time though it's Lizzy.

I have short hair blonde hair now I just got it cut. I have hazel eyes like my mom. My hair naturally curls and I don't change it because it looks better curled. Caleb, Lane, Rebecca and I live with our dad and step mom. My biological mom passed away from cancer. She was fighting it for a year before it actually won.

Don't get me wrong I love my step mom but sometimes I just want to leave to go to my friend's house. He lives a couple blocks over and I'm sixteen so I can drive whenever I want. My best friend he's... Well he's dreamy. Shh don't tell him I said that. He has pretty light blue eyes. He has short blonde hair that he spikes before I go over there every day.

We talk about our past. I can tell he likes me. By the way his name is Adam. Every time I go over there I stay the night to watch the sunset with him on his rough. It's beautiful every time.

He tells me "It's beautiful just like you." I blush when he says it. I'm going over there soon to hang out

*1 hour later*

"Bye daddy I'll see you tomorrow love you." I said.

"Love you to sweetheart be careful." He replied.

"Okay." I said.

I got in my car put my stuff in the back and left.

*Knock Knock Knock*

"Hey Lizzy... What's up?" He asked.

"Hey Adam." I said starting to laugh because he fell as he was trying to open the door.

"Come in you can put your stuff upstairs in my room." He said.

I walked upstairs and put my stuff down. After I put my stuff down I walked back down stairs into the kitchen.

"Where's your mom and dad?" I asked.

"Date night." He replied.

"So we're alone. Huh?" I asked.

"Yep." He replied.

We walked upstairs to hang out in his room. We played games for a while then had dinner.

"I made a nice dinner with candles for you." Adam said.

"Aw, thanks." I replied.

We ate and then it was time for desert. We had this ball type thing. When I bit into it I felt a piece of paper. A note perhaps. I pulled the ball thing out of my mouth. More so the piece that was in my mouth. But I pulled it out.

"What's this?" I asked as I opened the note up.

It had said "Will you go out with me?"

"Yes, I'd love to." I replied to the note out loud instead of writing back.

"Great let's hurry so we can watch the sunset." Adam said.

"Okay." I replied.

I had to call my dad to tell him the new of course. So I called him and I told him about Adam asking me out not a big deal. My dad seemed happier than normal though. Caleb being protective as normal. He told me to give Adam the phone. I handed Adam the phone.

"Hello?" Adam said.

"Hi, this is Caleb, Lizzy's little brother, listen very carefully, if you hurt my sister I'll hurt your face, Understand?" Caleb had told him and hung up.