Let Me Go

Author's Note: New Fan fiction! And it is The Outsiders! I've been obsessed with this book/movie since I was twelve. I'm fifteen now, and I have read it literally about ten times. I've seen the movie over that many times. I love all the actors as well as the characters.

So, I really hope you guys like this. I started writing Outsider's fan fiction when I was around thirteen, but never really was good at it. I find it incredibly fun! Yeah, I really don't know who she will end up with because I have added two other OC's.

I know the ending kind of sucks, but it's the best I could do to end it. Next chapter will be up (hopefully) soon.

Disclaimer: I don't own The Outsiders, although I wish I did! I love it so much!

I trudged up the steps of my old crème colored house. The steps were cracked in many places from all the glass beer bottle my father, Henry, had thrown at them. I regretted walking in, knowing Henry would possibly be drunk. I never called him dad or anything like that anymore.

I walked in, preparing myself for nothing. He was asleep on the couch, snoring obnoxiously. I looked around the small room, taking in the dozens of beer bottles. He never cleaned up after himself. I sighed in relief, quickly making my way up the flight of stairs. I jogged into my room, hoping- more like praying- that he wouldn't wake. I knew, for sure, that I'd get bruises if he did.

I grabbed my black shorts, white tank-top and Dally's old leather jacket before heading to the bathroom for a quick shower. I had to hurry or else a drunk Henry would complain. I locked that door after entering the bathroom.

I turned the water on, stepping in without eying my bruises like usual. Today I didn't have enough time. I washed my hair, positively sure that Henry had waken. I could hear him stumbling around, knocking unwanted shit everywhere.

Now, I didn't want to leave the shower. I knew that as soon as I did, I would be hit, and hard. It always happened. My mother and I were always beat, but she wasn't alive anymore. She died a few months ago. Henry didn't give a shit about any of us, Dally included.

Dally hated that he beat me, but there wasn't anything he could do about it. Henry had custody of me, and with Dal's jail record, there was no way he could get custody of me. He had moved out as soon as he turned 18. I wanted to go with, but I'm only 16, so I couldn't.

I wrapped the white towel around me, drying myself quickly. I threw on my clothes. I glanced around the small bathroom, noticing that I had forgotten my shoes. I closed my eyes, unlocking the door, before slowly stepping out. I walked quietly to my room, grabbing my black boots, before exiting. I ran smack into him.

He instantly glared. I braced myself, knowing what was coming. He slapped me as hard as he could, which was extremely hard, across the face. I cringed, feeling pain where his hand landed. My eyes watered, but I challenged myself to keep the tears in. I stared at the ground as I waited for more. He pushed me aside, causing me to hit the wall. I sighed, guessing he was finished.

I shot down the stairs, needing to get out. I hurriedly zipped my jacket, bracing myself for the cold. As I ran out the front door, I let a couple of the tears I was holding back out. I needed my brother.

I ran across the lawns that separated my house from the Curtis' house. Dally spent a lot of time there, if not with a girl, or with Buck. Of course, I had no clue where Buck's was, and I didn't feel like getting jumped trying to find it.

As I approached the house, I let out a few more tears, but wiped them as I entered the house. The Curtis boys always had their front door unlocked for anyone who needed to stay. When I entered, Soda was on the couch watching Mickey, but the other two weren't in sight.