Not another thug story

Hey you guys message from the author..... This is my first story I hope you guys like it. Its based off of my fantasy land when I want to escape reality...... enjoy

Meet the characters:

Laila Mariee -17 year old senior in highschool., She is mixed with black and Indian. She is 5'5, has long curly dark brown hair that stops just past the middle is her back, green hazel eyes, and has a yellow skin complexion. She is a bookworm but she is the star hip hop dancer at the studio her mom owns.

Antonio Santiago- 21 yrs old. He is from the Dominican republic where his father and mother currently live. He has a twin brother name Stephon and a older brother name Emilio,three sisters, Aries and Ace and Stephanie who are twins. He is mixed with Jamaican, Dominican, and Haitian (his father being Jamaican and Haitian). I know you're probably thinking he's black as night but he took after his mother and is Very light skinned with deep emerald eyes. He's 6'6 and is built like Tyson Beckford.

Kiku- Laila's best friend and team mate on the dance team. She' Puerto Rican and black, has a chocolate skin complexion, with medium length wavy black hair that stops just past her shoulders.

Laila's POV

"Lalaaaaaa," sang Kiku. "Get your lazy ass up before we are late for school" she said as she stood in the mirror admiring her natural good looks. She had on a fitted long sleeve aquamarine half shirt, a peach colored pencil skirt that stopped mid-thigh and some nude open toed strappy heels.

"I'm up, I'm up," Laila said as she rolled out of the bed and onto the floor. Ugh, I'm so tired, she thought.

" I was up all night doing homework. I didn't get any sleep."

"Girl, you need to loosen up a lil' bit!" Kiku expressed as she eyed her friend with a concerned look.

" No I don't, I'm number five in my class and the star of the team. Loosening up didn't get me there, hard work did."

Laila didn't really have a social life. Other than going to school and the dance studio afterwards, she did nothing else at all.

Sometimes she wonder if she did change a little bit and go out more then maybe she would be more happy with herself, but until that day comes this is what her life consisted of.

"I'll be down stairs, we have about 40 minutes before we're late for school" Kiku said as she walked out of lala's room.

I jumped up and went into the bathroom. My bathroom was customly designed to my liking; everything in my room was. My mother owned her own business, so you can say we lived comfortably.

I took a 10 minute shower before finally getting out, then spritzed my head full of curly hair with water and oil. I went and got dressed putting on a matching PINK bra and panty set. Today I was wearing my all white true religion low rise skinny jeans, long sleeve diamonded black and white sweater that was short in the front and kinda long in the back with my knee high flat sole peanut butter colored Gucci boots. Even though I was a nerd I still knew how to dress.

I grabbed my MK wristlet and book bag and headed to the car. I figured we were taking her car this time since I always drove us to school.

*At School *

Once Kiku and I arrived at school we went straight to class. We attened a private school, so being late for class was a zero tolerance policy.

I take Spanish first block..... I did not feel like being around a bunch of immature teenagers at the moment. All I wanted to do was crawl back into my bed.

"Ms. Mariee so nice of you to join us today," said Mr. Rios. He was always tryna crack jokes on the slick. I personally thought he had a crush on me....

As I go to take my seat in the front of the class like always, I hear somebody calling my name..... "psst..psst, ay Laila?"

I turn around to see whose calling me and its Maliah, the popular girl in school.

"what?" I ask getting annoyed. "

"Come sit over here by me," she said being extremely nice. Any other day she was always talking about me and how I dressed. I think she's just jealous.

"Uhhh no! For what?" I asked her.

"eh um, Ladies stop talking during the class" Mr. Rios said with a thick Spanish accent.

Bbbbrrrr....... Thank God, the bell had rang. It was lunch block meaning we had one more class before the day was over.

"Ay Laila?" I turn to look whose calling me and it was the clam squad, Maliah and her menions.

"What do you want? I'm not in the mood for your bullshit today" I said hoping and praying on the inside they don't try and fight me. They had been picking with me all week. What did I ever do to them to deserve anything they have done to me?

"Whoaaah, calm down lil mama. You look cute today.," she said cheesing from ear to ear.

"Ppphtt, to bad your face doesn't match the clothes you wear" I heard Amber, Maliah's best friend, say up under her breath.

"Ha, no bitch. To bad your face doesn't match that bum shit you be wearing," I told Amber with a look of pure disgust on my face. Don't get me wrong I am a nerd and all but I am not about to let anybody, not even these hoes punk me out.

I finally caught up with Kiku. She was waiting for me under the tree... Since we could leave off campus to eat we decided to head to Quiznos. Lord knows a sista is starving.