Masterpiece

You sighed as you walked into the large room, glancing around at everyone. Most everyone there was as snobby as they were rich. You strolled across the ballroom, your elegant dress flowing with every step you took. You stopped moving when you reached a darkened corner, sighing from boredom.
"And who might you be?" An elegant voice with a rich accent said.
You swirled around to come face to face with one of the wealthiest men in town-Edward Mott. He had one eyebrow raised, watching you carefully. "Did I startle you?" He asked.
You shook your head quickly and said, "No, I was just...surprised. That is all."
He smiled and asked, "I'm Edward. And you?"
"Y/N Y/L/N."
Edward held out his hand, taking yours in his. "Lovely name for an equally lovely girl," he said softly, kissing your knuckles.
You couldn't help the blush that rose to your cheeks. "Do you mind if I keep you company?" Edward asked, moving closer to you.
"Not at all," you said, your posh voice sounding like bells.
Edward grinned and stepped over to stand beside you. "I despise ballroom dances," he said quietly, grabbing a chute of champagne and taking a sip.
"As do I," you muttered in agreement, taking a glass of your own.
"Oh? And why's that?"
"Well, why not? Everyone here is rich and stuffed silly about themselves."
Edward laughed and nodded in agreement. "I'd much rather be back at my castle, with my artwork," he stated, taking a sip from his glass.
"What artwork do you have? I do quite admire certain artists," you responded, glancing up at him.
"My entire home is filled with my art. The entire collection of it cost me a small fortune."
"Well, I'd imagine."
Edward gave you a rueful smile and glanced up at the clock. "If you'll excuse me, Miss Y/L/N, I have other matters to attend to," he said quickly, taking your hand in his once more and kissing your knuckles.
"You must come visit me some day," he said, "I'd love to have a portrait of you hanging on my walls. What a masterpiece it would be."
And with that, he turned on his heel and walked away, leaving you alone and in awe.