Keep Running Party Poison

"Have you taken your medication today?

It makes the bad thoughts go away.

Live a better life with us,Better living industries. The aftermath is secondary."

The words roamed in my mind. The aftermath is secondary. I've heard it billions of times,but this time it stuck.

I'm not like other people,everyone takes the medication, and everyone thinks good thoughts,but me.

I see the world from a whole different point of view and no one else sees the bad in life.I have to be like them in order to fit in, but the real me is slowly withering away. They don't know what pain and sorrow is. No matter how much I try, no matter how many pills I take,I'm still the same.But I know things they don't.The industry is hiding something. But they say Everything is ok,we are living great lives and we are completely safe. I find it very hard to believe. Let's just say I've been places where I wasn't supposed to be.

"Gerard,dinner is ready!" called my mother.

I walked down the stairs to see my mother placing a bowl of the usual gook we get from the industry.

She looked up,not a spot or blemish to be seen. Her dark hair was tucked neatly into a bun and she wore a bright white apron around her waste.

"Have a seat sweety, were having your favorites tonight!"

I sat down as my father walked in with a newspaper tucked under his arm.

"Did you hear the industry is coming out with a new food next week? I'm so thrilled to find out what it is."

I smiled slightly but not enough to impress my father.

"Gerard what's that face your making? It looks silly."

I looked up and forced myself to smile widely. Only because I had to.

"Oh nothing dad, I didn't realize I was making a face."

My parents chuckled in unison.

The tv started to alarm, meaning there was going to be a broadcast from the industry.The last thing I wanted to hear was the broadcaster's voice booming through the tv.

"ATTENTION CITIZENS OF BATTERY CITY,WE ARE MAKING AN IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT. A LOCKDOWN HAS BEEN ISSUED. AS YOU MAY KNOW THE LOCKDOWNS ARE A NECESSARY ONCE A MONTH.WE ASK THAT YOU RETRIEVE PETS FROM OUTDOORS,PUT UP YOUR NIGHT SHIELDS AND STAY INDOORS UNTIL FUTHER NOTICE. WE APPRECIATE YOUR COOPERATION,AND REMEMBER LIVE BETTER WITH US AT BETTER LIVING INDUSTRIES. THANK YOU"

They do this every month.

No body knows why and no body questions it.

We just do whatever they tell us to.

Except for me of course.

Remember when I said I was In a place where I wasn't supposed to be?

It was a lockdown night last month. And when everyone was asleep, the curiosity was killing me.So I decided to sneak out. I went to the back window and carefully took off the night shield,letting the bright moon shine in. I climbed out and landed hard on my feet. I managed to escape the house with out being caught. I started to hear deep unrecognizable voices coming from the street in front of the house. I peeked over to see many strange figures dressed in white carrying white guns. Some had skin tight masks with the industry logo on them while others had white human like masks with pitch black hair and sharp teeth. Then I saw him. He was different from the others considering he didn't have a mask or sharp teeth. He was bald,dressed in white and was surrounded by 5 of the strange drones. He had complete rage in his eyes as he marched up to a group of the sharp toothed drones.

The man snarled. The Masked men around him shared scared glances and tried to hide their fear. When he got angry, someone got shot. And then another, and then another.Bodies would drop here and there.

His hand clenched tightly around his gun, his pasty face was screwed up into a deep scowl. His lips were twisted up into a sneer.

"You're telling me," his voice was low and quiet, but the anger slipped into his words.

"That four of the new rayguns are..."

His ruthless gaze swept over the mindless drones, chilling even them to the bone.

"MISSING?" He paused and came closer to his troops.

"Right?" He reached over and grabbed the greasy hair of the Drone closest to him.The drone let out a quiet wimper.

He smirked. "Did that hurt?" He ran a cold finger down the side of the scared drone's face.He giggled before yanking the drone up higher by his hair. This time the Drone did not make a sound.

"Well, lieutenant? They're missing? Or perhaps..."

"We-we're not-t sure-sure Sir." The drone squeaked, unable to control his voice.

"Wh-what do you-you mean-n, you worthless piece of shit?" He mocked and squeezed his throat.

"We haven't-t" The drones voice caught as he gripped even harder grinning wickedly. Taking a deep breath, the drone started again.

"Where the rayguns are as of now, we don't know. But we have reason to believe that rebels-" He pushed the Drone up against a house,causing him to choke out a groan. The man tilted his head to side slowly, the faint light of the moon hit his bald head giving it a shiny look to it.

"The Killjoys, you mean?" He questioned with sweetness. The Drone panted,

"Highly possible sir. We have reason that they have taken the guns. Sir." The man dropped the drone.

"Good. Is that all Lieutenant?"

The Drone shuddered in response. The man smiled fiendishly.

"Excellent. Your work is done, now Lieutenant." The pale drone froze, but it was too late, the man already had his finger on the trigger. The smell of blood and burning flesh filled the air.

I stood there frozen. I just witnessed a man kill someone, or something. I stepped backward and tripped over something. A camera sticking out of the grass. Shit. I was doomed if the industry found out I was outside during lockdown. I quickly got up and swiftly r climbed into the window. The image of the man's fiendish smile was permanently inked into my brain and his cold voice repeated over and over. I've had nightmares about the drone and the man ever since then. And I was not looking forward to another lockdown tonight knowing what happens beyond the walls of our houses.