Chapter One

"Good Morning. I am Beatrice Cromwell, the housekeeper," A smiling, British woman with curly red hair exclaimed as she held out her hand for me to shake. I gingerly accepted her handshake and hesitantly smiled. It was all I could manage as I was so nervous. I had never before been interviewed for a job for one of the wealthiest men in all of Texas, I'd never been interviewed for a job at all. "I take it you're here for the nanny position."

I nodded

I nodded.

"Well don't just stand there in the cold. Come in, come in."

She led me through the doorway into a grand foyer. Two large staircases connecting at the top lead to a second story. I noticed baby gates at the end of them. The floors were some sort of shiny, cream colored material I couldn't identify. Marble maybe. The walls were a soft cream color like the floors. and hanging from the ceiling was the largest chandelier I'd ever seen. The whole sight was extremely overwhelming for a girl like me. After all I was white trash from a trailer park.

She continued to lead me between the two staircases into a connecting living area

She continued to lead me between the two staircases into a connecting living area. Along the way a noticed many Mexican looking decorations which made since considering the man who owned this mansion was from Mexico. Beatrice motioned for me for me to take a seat on the large red couch.

"Now unfortunately, Mr. Rivera will not be able to join us this evening so I will be conducting your interview."

The fact that Maximiliano Rivera wouldn't be there took away about 50% of my nerves. From what I'd heard he was an extremely intimidating businessman not to mention supposedly extremely attractive. I did think it was strange he wasn't here to interview his kids potential nanny.

"Where should we start?" Beatrice asked. "I have plenty of questions and I'm sure you do, as well."

She was wrong. I didn't have any questions. This was a good paying job that I would be lucky yo get. I wasn't willing to not take it no matter what.

"Why don't you ask me some questions." I quietly suggested. She nodded and picked up a piece of paper off the coffee table. She lifted the glasses hanging around her neck and put them on. She quickly scanned the paper before she began her questions.