"A Friend In Need."

Pacifica's (POV)

When I woke up that morning, it was one of the worst days of my life. A day I dread every year. A day that I feel the most alone. My birthday... I sigh and turned in my lap. It was still dark out. When I turned on the lap, my butlers where blowing party favors, and balloons falling from the ceiling.

"Time to get up ma'am, wouldn't want you to miss out on your birthday." one of my butlers said to me. I nod and tell them to leave so I could get dressed. When I got dressed I was dressed in a green dress, I left my room and went down stairs, to see a while bunch of other rich people. They all wished me happy birthday, and dropped off my gifts. My parents each took one of my arms, and walked with me to the door.

"Now Pacifica, me and your mother are going out for the weekend. We hope You enjoyed your birthday, and we will see you soon." My father told me.

"Dad, it's still morning. My birthday just started." I frown.

"And that's exactly why we are leaving now. Don't worry we will see you soon." And with that, they left. I was once again left alone on my birthday. I sigh and go to my room. When I got there, I laid on my bed and cried. I didn't know what else to do, but cry. Until I heard a knock at my door...

Wendy's (POV)

It was earlier in the morning, and I was eating cereal in the living room, still in my PJs, watching TV. Nothing was really on, until I flipped the channel to something about someone's birthday. I shrugged.

"Eh, it's better than nothing." I say mindlessly to myself.

"In other news, town millionaire Pacifica Northwest, is turning 13 today, awhile her parents are out of town for the weekend." I sat up straight and choked on my cereal. I coughed for a minute before I spoke up.

"Seriously? She's turning 13 today, and her parents aren't even there?" I thought for a second and came up with an idea. I quickly got dressed, and was on my way to the Northwest house hold on my bike. Once I got there, I knocked on the door, and sure enough, Pacifica opened the door. The birthday girl herself. Yet, she looked... sad. She was looking down at the ground, so she probably didn't know it was me.

"Just drop off the gift and go." She whimpered.

"Sorry Paz, but I got nothing on me." She then looked up at me, and looked shocked.

Pacifica's (POV)

When I saw Wendy at the door, I couldn't believe it. I was speechless.

"W-Wendy? Is that really you?" I ask her nervous.

"The one and only, and look at you, you really grew from the last time I saw you." She smirked. Before I know what I was doing, I ran and jumped into her arms. We both fell to the ground with her in my arms. It took a minute before she hugged me back. I didn't mind it though, I didn't think she would hug back right away. But when she did, I felt a slight sence of happiness. I hugged her tighter before I realized what I was doing. I pulled away and spoke up.

"Wendy, what are you doing here?" I asked her.

"Well, I was in the neighborhood, and heard it was your birthday, so I decided to swing by, and see my once favorite kid." When I heard that I was a little touch and A little sad. I frown and look down at the ground. Wendy must have noticed, and spoke up.

"Hey, you okay kiddo?"

"Why did you come here, Wendy? I thought you hated me after what happened." I said sadly. I heard her give a sigh.

"Look Pacifica, I don't hate you okay? And yes, I was mad at you, but I didn't hate you. Sure, we had our ups and downs, but that doesn't mean I hated you. After all, I use to babysit you." She smirked. I giggled a little to the memory of Wendy babysitting me when I was younger. She would always read me bed time stories, make me lunch, and play outside with me. I really missed those days. Wendy was like a big sister to me. Until that day when we had that fight. You see, we had a fight about losing Wendy's puppy dog. We took him for a walk and lost him. After that, we lost touch.

"Can I come in now, Paz?" Wendy asked me, snapping me out of my trance. I shook my head, and let her in. I brought her to my room, and she whistled in amazement.

"Dang, nice digs. Wish my room was this clean." She joked, taking a seat on my bed. I smiled, and sat next to her.

"So before I forget, I wanted to talk to you about a few things." Wendy told me. I nodded, and listened to what she had to say.

"First off, I wanted to say sorry about what happened years ago. I know it wasn't your fault, I didn't mean to hurt you."

"It's okay Wendy, it's really okay."

"No it's not okay. I was total jerk, and I shouldn't have acted the way I did.  And I'm sorry." She apologised. I nodded and smiled.

"It's okay Wendy, and I'm sorry too." Wendy smiled and pulled me in for a hug.

"It's cool, kiddo. But hey, since the twins are gone until next summer, I could use a new adventure buddy." She winked. My face light up, and hugged her again.

"There's nothing I would like more. I missed you, Wendy." I smiled.

"I missed You too, kiddo." She smiled back. After our hug, we spent the whole day together. We watched movies, played party games, ate birthday cake, and I even got her to play dress up. Which are hated but did it anyway. After our fun day together it was time for her to go home. We were at the front door, and it was dark out.

"Aw, do you really have to go, Wendy?" I asked a little sad.

"Sorry Paz, but dad wants me home." She told me.

"Will I see you again soon?" I asked her.

"Of course you will, don't worry about that." She smiled. I smiled back and she left for the night. I sigh and went to bed, after changing into my PJs.

*KNOCK KNOCK*

I woke up the next morning to the sound of a knock at my door. I yawned and went to answer the door.

"Hello?" I said sleepy.

"Morning Paz, ready for an adventure?" My eyes went wide when I saw Wendy at my door. I smiled a big smile, and quickly got changed. Once I was done, I met Wendy back at the front door.

"Ready to explore the unknown, buddy?" Wendy asked me.

"As I'll ever be best friend." I smiled. And with that, we headed straight for the forest, to find unknown things.

THE END

Author's note:

Hope you enjoyed!

Don't forget to vote and comment!