Chapter 1

I wake up to the wonderful sound of my alarm yelling at me to get up. I'm tempted to hit snooze for the 6th time, but I need to get up for school.
   After checking my snaps and scrolling through instagram, I slowly pull the warm covers off of me and start to walk to the bathroom to brush my teeth.
As I brush my teeth I make the mistake of looking in the mirror. Crap! I look like shit! My hair is sticking up in every way you could imagine. I don't know how, but it always seems to defy the law of gravity. I run a brush through it and try to tame it, but it's no use. I put it in a messy bun and go pick out my clothes.
I decided that today was a lazy day...sadly for the fifth time in a row. I wore a pair of black leggings and an oversized pink shirt. I accompanied it with a pair of white high top converse. Now, to make it look like I actually got beauty sleep, I swept on some mascara, concealer, and chapstick. I grabbed my bag and headed for the bus stop. Sadly i still have a year left until I can finally ditch the bus and drive a car. Over the years I've had my mind set on a car. Although my dad has offered to pay for it, I thought it would be nice to earn something myself. So I got a job at the local convenient store that was only a mile away from my house. I've almost saved up the exact amount I would need in order to buy the car of my dreams well...if it were my way I would have a Jaguar or at least a Dodge Challenger, but my pay check could only buy so much. So I'm going to have to settle for a 2013 ford. It'll be in a beautiful dark grey and it'll ha- suddenly reality hit me when I noticed the loud honking of the bus. Oops! I guess I may have gotten a little carried away. I crossed the street and trudged onto the bus.
"Good morning!" I said happily to my favorite bus driver.
"Mornin!" He replied back with a genuine smile. I was the only kid on the bus who actually was kind to him. All the attention he got from the other kids were the phrases filled with curse words about his driving. Ok...sure I've made him seem like the best bus driver ever, but if I need to be honest he doesn't do too well in the driving category. He tries his best and I give him credit for not wrecking the bus. If I were him I don't think I could handle the criticism he gets from five year olds.
I walk to my usual seat next to one of my best friends named Allie.
"Hey hey hey! How's my bestie?!" Allie greeted me with glee.
"Pretty good, just hoping I could be off this bus soon." I replied with a sad smile. She turned and looked out the window. I noticed the change in mood. I always made everything depressing in the mornings, but that doesn't mean I won't fix it.
"Sooooo, how's you and Joseph?!" I asked with a wink. She gave the window one lady glance before turning her whole body to face me. She quickly grabbed my hands and squealed a VERY high pitched scream.
"So, I'm guessing something happened?" I asked with a raise of my eyebrow.
"Yesterday he walked me to the bus and we kissed! It was absolutely amazing and I just know that we'll be together forever! We'll get married on the beach and that night when all the guests go home we'll do it on the beach over and over and ov- "
"Ahh! Ok! Ok! I get it! Ew! Ew! Ew! I can't get the image out of my head." I screamed in agony. I looked around and saw that everyone's eyes were looking straight at me. Even the weird emo kid who never talks. I looked towards the front and realized Mr. Right wasn't paying attention to the turn that he was making and ran strange get into a stop sign. His eyes quickly moved towards the bent sign in front of him. I was able to hear the first part of his cussing, but soon the whole bus was filled with laughter and rude remarks. Mr. Right quickly backed out and pulled into the school parking lot. I grabbed my things and headed off towards the elementary cafeteria. Yes, even though I was a sophomore in highschool, I still go into the cafeteria with babies. The thing was my best friend Mark was always in there trying to help out his mom Susanne in the mornings. I walked in and was immediately greeted by 20-30 kids who's eyes brightened once they saw me. Each one of them screamed to be heard over the others because they most certainly had the most amazing thing to tell me. I listened intently to each of their stories for about ten minutes until it was time for them to go to their class. Their stories ranged from loosing a tooth, showing me their toys, or sometimes they would just come to me to say that they thought I was pretty. I certainly don't see what they see, but I always compliment them back. I love seeing their bright smiles as I speak. You see, the thing is, most of these children come from rough homes and as I've gotten to know them, I've realized they don't get much to any attention from their parents. As I've interacted with these cute little booger eaters, I guess they went home to tell their parents all about me. Soon I was getting calls from all the parents. They wanted me to babysit. I was always glad to help. And these kids made me very happy.
"Ok by guys! I'll see you tomorrow!" I said with a giant smile and a waving hand. The each gave me toothy smiles and ran off towards their class.
"Don't forget that you get to babysit me afterschool!" Skylar said.
"How could I forget?! You, skylar are absolutely unforgettable. Have a good day!" I smiled as she giggled and ran off to join her friends. I walked over and said hi to Mark.
"Ready to go?" I asked
"Yep let me say bye to my mom." he answered while turning to the kindest person I know. She was a very good single mom. She was very tough, but never failed to be so sweet.
"Have a good day Madeline!" She said with a grin.
"You too! Bye!" I turned around and walked to the dreadful place called high school. I quickly turned my frown into a bright smile just as we walked through the doors. I guess I'm as ready as I'll ever be....