Duties

"Elsa! Come on!" Anna screamed from the other side of the door. I lifted my head to see where I was, only to find I was still in the study hall laying on papers and letters from other countries. Did you really think the queen just had to sit there and look pretty?

"Anna, can you give me five more minutes?" I said laying my head down again. I heard the door burst open and she skipped to my desk.

"You said that five minutes ago. Now come on! You have Queen duties to take care of!" My sister said in her cheery tone.

"Alright, alright. Just let me change then we can go." I said getting up and stretching. Anna took a look at what I was doing last night.

"Are we having another ball?" she asked as she picked up a few more papers to look at.

"Most likely, but I was going to ask you if you wanted to have one." I said getting up and stacking the papers.

"Why?"

"Well, we've had so many since those gates opened. This may be the last one we have in a long while." I said as I walked out of the room.

"Liar! What's the real reason for the gathering?" Anna asked. I swear, that girl could see right through me sometimes.

"Fine. We're heading into a deficit of resources. I need to meet with a few leaders before that happens." I admitted.

"A ball wouldn't help!"

"It's kind of a potluck type ball. The people would bring us resources and in turn we give them what we have more of. It's more of a big trade rather than a ball." I said as I approached my room.

"So we would give them ice?" Anna joked. I laughed as well.

"Maybe. Or some cloth." I said opening my door.

"Need help with anything? Putting on your dress? Taking a bath? Brushing your hair?" Anna asked in lightning speed.

"Anna, just wait for me. I'll be done in ten minutes." I assured as I shut the door.

"Okay! I'll get Olaf to check on you." Was the last thing she said before I heard her run away, then the sound of some things falling and breaking. Probably another suit of armor, followed by a "Sorry! I can fix it later!"

"Oh Anna. Don't ever grow up." I said as I brushed my hair. I did my usual routine which was wash my face, take a quick bath and get dressed. Just as I was putting my hair up someone opened the door.

"Really Anna? Couldn't w-" I was cut short when I realized it wasn't Anna, but Olaf.

"Good morning Elsa!" he greeted with a big smile on his face.

"Afternoon actually." I corrected giving him a hug.

"Morning to me. I just woke up ten minutes ago." He responded.

"Then why are you here?" I asked.

"Anna told me to check up on you in ten minutes." He explained.

"Well if you were asleep, then how did you know two minutes passed?"

"Closed my eyes and counted snow sheep. Duh." He answered and earned a giggle from me.

"Okay, come on Olaf." I said leading him out of the room. He took my hand and we walked to the front doors.

"Finally!" Anna exclaimed.

"Sorry. I had to straighten my nose, and put on my buttons and feet." Olaf apologized.

"I thought Sven would have eaten your nose by now." Anna said as she flicked his nose.

"Nah. He always pretends to eat it then puts it back on my face." Olaf explained.

"Where's Kristoff? Isn't he coming today?" I asked Anna as Olaf started rambling about Sven.

"He'll meet us when we're out there. Now come on! Everyone's waiting." Anna screamed as she pulled me towards the door.

"My lady." The gate guard called out.

"Open the gate." I ordered. Anna and I walked through the front doors and we watched as the gates of our palace opened. The people of Arendelle flooded into the courtyard like a wave. I walked forward with Anna into the courtyard. When everyone was inside, I spoke up.

"Welcome. Today is a day for everybody to enjoy. To celebrate the 22nd year I've been alive." I announced. Everyone cheered and a spring breeze blew around us. I raised my arms and looked up. The image of my parents flashed in my head.

"Thank you." I whispered to the sky. "I love you." I felt a cool surge of energy flow through my palms as I set snowfall into the courtyard. I faced my palms to the floor and spun so I could spread the power. When I stood, the courtyard was now a giant skating rink. Cheers erupted from the crowd and everyone began to skate on the ice.

"Well, let's skate." I said to Anna, but she wasn't there. She was already skating around the hand in hand with Kristoff. Right behind them was Olaf and Sven slipping around. Seeing smiles on everyone's faces made me smile, but it hid the true feelings I had. Everyone had someone, someone to care for, someone to love... except for me.

Author's note: Hey guysss!!! So this is my Jelsa fan fiction. If you don't know what the ship is, it's Elsa from Frozen and Jack Frost from Rise of the Guardians. Feedback is always appreciated (like yeah i want to know how my writing is). Love you all! Happy reading! :)