Chapter One

Normani had been in a desperate need of a change of scenery, but if it hadn't been for her insistent bestfriend she would have never left the comfort of her closed off lifestyle.

Normani enjoyed keeping to herself. She could go days without talking to another human being and she would still be okay, but after recent events being alone just didn't feel right. The comfort that she used to find in the quiet now felt as if it was swallowing her whole.

Even though she acted like she didn't want to go she was secretly grateful that Dinah had practically dragged her from her dorm room in New York to Miami for what the Polynesian said would be the "Greatest time of Normani's life."

Normani wasn't really looking to have the greatest time of her life. She was looking to forget, but the way her life was going she would be lucky to even create one happy memory.

Recently things hadn't been going well for Normani, and the constant downs had dulled her once ecstatic personality. People who didn't know her on a personal level would just think she had a grudge against the world, but her friends knew. They knew what was really getting her down.

It was Dinah who had finally had enough of watching her bestfriend slowly deteriorate from the girl she used to be. So she merely made a suggestion to the older girl that they should get away from hectic lives.

Normani was hesitant at first, but Dinah wasn't taking no for an answer. She had already planned on doing something exciting for spring break. She just decided to include Normani in her plans.

So here they were checking into a hotel in Miami.

As soon as they checked in and got their room keys they head straight up to their separate rooms. Normani knew that if her and Dinah were to share a room she would never get any sleep.

Normani wanted nothing more then to just relax after a long flight, but Dinah had other plans. As soon as she had finished unpacking, and had thrown herself onto the comfortable king size bed, someone started banging at the door.

Normani let out a loud groan as she lifted herself up from the soft mattress. She opened the door to reveal a smiling Dinah Jane.

"Can't go five minutes without me?" Normani joked with a smirk.

"You wish." Dinah said as she flipped her hair, and made her way into the ebony's hotel room.

Normani rolled her eyes as she closed the door. "What do you want?" Normani asked as she joined her friend that had situated herself on the bed.

"We should hit up some clubs tonight."

"Yeah no thanks."

"Ugh you're no fun." Dinah playfully wined.

"I just wanna sleep."

"Please." Dinah begged giving Normani her best puppy dog impression.

"Dinah...."

"Come on it'll be fun. And plus you played yourself if you thought I was gonna let her stay in this hotel room the entire trip."

"But...."

"Nope. We're going out and having a great time tonight, and that's the end of it. I'm gonna go and get ready. You better be ready in the next hour and a half or I'll just have to drag you out of this hotel as is."

And with that Dinah made her exit leaving Normani sitting on the bed glaring at the wall.

Even though she wanted more then to complain about being dragged to Miami she couldn't. Everything so far was going smooth.

True to her word Dinah returned and hour and a half later. She waltzed into the room wearing a white dress the hugged her body tightly.

"You better be ready Manz." Dinah yelled to her friend in the bathroom.

"Almost." Normani replied as she put the finishing touches on her makeup.

She gave herself one last look in the mirror, and nervously smooth out the black strapless dress she was wearing.

As much as she didn't want to go out; She couldn't help but feel excited for the night.

After Dinah insisting that they had to take an insane about of selfies the pair got an Uber and hit the city.