chapter 1

Once stephanie found out about Charles dad abusing him she was highly upset and scared. She sat in her chair thinking what will happen to him if she kept this secret. She also thought about what would happen if she didn't keep his secret. She put her head on the table in their room and tried to clear her mind from the stressful thoughts. Michelle then came into the room and slapped Stephanie on the back. "Ow Michelle, why did you do that!?" Yelled Stephanie. "How could you even think about keeping a secret like that!?" Fussed Michelle. "Michelle, you just had to eavesdrop on my private conversation with Charles!" Fussed Stephanie who sighed with frustration. "If you wanted the conversation to be private then maybe you shouldn't have it in our bedroom where I live too." Said Michelle sarcastically. "Michelle please, please, please, don't tell anyone." Begged Stephanie. "But this is an emergency." Said Michelle. "Michelle, it's okay. Everything will be okay." Explained Stephanie. "How is everything okay? Your friend is in danger and you're not doing a single thing about it over a stupid promise." Fussed Michelle. "look, if I break my promise then Charles dad may get angry." Explained Stephanie. "So." Said Michelle rolling her eyes. "So that means he'll harm Charles and be angry at me." Explained Stephanie. "What'll happen if he gets mad?" Asked Michelle who wasn't fully aware of what an abusive parent was like. "Michelle don't worry. As long as you don't blab to anyone everything will be okay." Explained Stephanie. Michelle got this terrible feeling at the pit of her stomach. She wasn't sure what to do. Not saying anything had consequences but so did telling the truth. "Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to make my way to the kitchen for some lunch." Said Stephanie as she got up from their little table and left michelle alone in the room. "What am I going to do?" Asked Michelle who was beginning to stress out. She wasn't used to this kind of pressure when making a decision. She started to hit her head with her hands and began to fuss. "What do I do? What do I do? What do I do?" Said Michelle on repeat. Joey then happened to be passing by the girls room and caught a glimpse of Michelle hitting herself on the head. "Michelle are you okay?" Asked Joey who was stopped in the hallway holding a basket of his dirty clothes. Michelle yelped out of surprise of Joey's presence and jumped up out of her chair. "Nothing!" Said Michelle who was tensing her shoulders. Joey gave her a concerned look. "Michelle I asked if you were okay?" Asked Joey. "Uhh yeah. I'm - I'm fine." Panicked Michelle. Joey obviously didn't buy it but he wasn't going to force it out of her. "Well if you need to talk then you know where to find me." Said Joey as he went on his way. Michelle was relieved that Joey didn't question her any further. She wasn't good at lying at all.