finch indigo; one

on the fifth anniversary of my refusal to smile, i broke the loop. couldn't help it.

no i don't believe in love at first sight. i believe in love at first c o n v e r s a t i o n.

you were quite a sight in your long red coat with the big shiny black buttons and an armful of unorganized pages. i was sitting at the bus stop when i watched you trip and tumble over a large black labrador dog who came running out of the alleyway, followed closely by a man with a rolling pin and an apron. 

i practically spat out my cigarette. what a world! never did i know that a person could be knocked down twice at once.

i stumbled over, gagging on unfamiliar laughter, cursing my name, but stopped dead at the sight of a baffled beauty sitting amongst a burst of fluttering paper birds.

you were beautiful in an unconventional sort of way. i pretending not to be watching you push your shoulder length chestnut hair back past your ears, removing your glasses from your b l u e eyes and tucking them into a neatly ironed pockette.

i felt in some way i needed to inform this dastardly gorgeous writer that she had interfered with my five year record of a s t r a i g h t face.

sauntering up to this bewildered girl, i cleared my throat to inform my presence.

all i heard was, "i don't need your help."