• one •

tw// mentions of suicide

-

“i always thought i was going to be able to see how my whole life played out. that i would get to live in my own house and have children. i never thought i would be the one preventing myself from those things. i never thought i would be the one destroying myself. phil, you've been such a good friend towards me, and i would have been gone before now if it hadn't been for you. thank you for being there. thank you for keeping me alive. but now it's time for me to stop bothering you. to stop keeping you up until 4 in the morning just so you can calm me down. it's not fair to either of us. this will never go away. i love you. goodbye.

dan reread the note. looking at the haphazardly torn piece of notebook paper. new tears fell where old ones once had. he put the note quietly away in the old shoe box and stuffed it back under the bed.

he quickly ran to the bathroom, trying to make any redness in his eyes go away. after splashing cold water on his face and smiling in the mirror a couple times to make sure he looked as happy as possible, he exited the bathroom. dan couldn't keep doing this. recently, he had been looking at the notes more and more often. he didn't know why. it had been almost 2 years since he had even considered killing himself, but there was a part of him that he left in those notes.

-

AN// hello!!! welcome to my new fic (even tho i haven't finished my other one yet oops) anyway uh  updates will be slow because im a piece of shit but yeah enjoy