TLC : The Unofficial Story

Before I get started with the story, I want to let you know. If you don't know TLC . Do your research and then read this story. For those that do know TLC and their journey to the top, This is a FICTION story. All made up, might be some real events in this story. But if you know TLC you know which events are true or not. Lets get it started . Please leave feedback on my Instagram(IG) page @TLC_OfficialFanPage.

Readers discretion is advised

Explicit scenes in this story. -> (curse words). <-

Chapter I : (Before The Fame) Rozanda Thomas

"Alright ladies, that was good. Rozanda, you've got to tighten it up. Your loose."

My dance instructor told me.

He always drilled on me, even if I wasn't off. I don't even know why. Was it because he wanted to make me perfect at dancing, or was it because he didn't like me.

"Okay David"

I replied back to my instructor. David never really told my class about his personal life. I do know that he was born and raised in Detroit, Michigan. Coming to Atlanta, desperately looking for a job. So he became a choreographer. As we are doing the dance routines over and over again, I got tired. I stop to go sit down on the bench.

"Rozanda , what are you doing! Your never going to be a background dancer doing what your doing now. Nothing!"

David told me.

I always wanted to be a background dancer for the big names. You know, MC Hammer, Jodeci, and Kid N' Play. I was born and raised in Atlanta. Never really left the city so at 16 years old. You pretty much lose hope in almost every dream possible. But I held onto mine. Being a background dancer was a #1 priority. School and Dancing.

"Whatever, David. I'm done with this class for today."

I said as I stormed out of the dance studio.

I rushed to a pay phone , with only $.50 in my name. No job, no extracurricular activities in school. Just me, often referred as the homegirl on the street. After getting off the phone with my mom, she tells me that she is going to pick me up in about 20 to 30 minutes. So I sit in the hot sun. Summer of 1991. The dance class was over before my mom came. Stacey came out mad dogging me and smirking. As if she had something to say.

"Is there a problem?"

I asked Stacey. She looked at me and rolled her eyes and said:

"Rozanda , stop it honey. You will never be a better dancer than me. Face it, I look better than you. Your nothing! "

Rolling her eyes back away from me. My mom pulled up just in time because I was just about to get up off this cement block and show her something.

"Rozanda, get in the car! Hurry. I got stuff to do."

My mom said. I hurried into the car to turn on the radio. My mom usually has it on the Jazz station. I can't listen to that, I need something that I can dance to. I was station surfing when I heard the Summer anthem of 1991. "Mercedes Boy" By Pebbles was the jam at the time and everyone knew it.

"Oh my god mom, this is my jam!"

I said while turning up the radio.

Singing along to the song, my mom looked at me in disbelief. When the song was over the radio host made the announcement that almost gave me a heart attack.