Prolouge

"No!" The silver tabby kit squeaked, her aqua eyes widened in horror at the sight of her brothers hanging from the dog's powerful jaws. One was a tiny brown tabby tom and the other was a gray tom. "Hawkkit! Graykit! Don't leave me! Please!" She wailed helplessly at the top of the tree. A twoleg pelted rocks at her and the other at her brothers. She shivered in fear and saw the dogs toss her brothers to the tree she was at, making her unbalanced and she wobbled on the branch.

"Run!" She heard Hawkkit mew weakly. She leaped off the tree and ran at high speed, faster than she ever ran before. She didn't want to leave her brothers, but she had to and her heart sank. She will meet her brothers in the Tribe of Endless Hunting, or even StarClan. She ran faster, the dogs were at her heels and the twolegs at the dogs'. She didn't turn to look at them, she had no time. A beautiful starry silver she-cat appeared and ran with the she-kit, side by side.

"Silverstream!" The kit was glad to see her mentor helping her, she was just a small kit of three and a half moons old.

"Copy me!" Silverstream zig zagged around swiftly and the kit copied in rhythm. They zig zagged until the dogs and twolegs were gone and Silverstream faded away.

Clueless, the kit still ran. She didn't know what to do now that her brothers were gone. She ran until she bumped into an older she-cat with black fur and squeaked. The cat whipped around and hissed at the kit, "Who are you?"

"D-Dawnkit," She stuttered and tucked her tail. "W-what's your name?"

The she-cat licked her paw, "I am Darkstream, I just became a warrior." Her reddish eyes flashed as she looked at the kit, "Where is your mother?"

Dawnkit's eyes clouded with grief, "I'd rather not say," Her mother was all the way back in the Tribe of Rushing Water, and so was her father. Stormfur and Brook parented them until her and her littermates ran away in order to find the Clans their father was talking to them about at a moon old. They were three and a half moons now, and Dawnkit believed her brothers were dead.

"Do you have anyone?" The small kit shook her head and blinked. "I'll take care of you,"

Dawnkit smiled, "Really?" She asked, joy filling her voice. Darkstream nodded.