F&F Book 7: Chapter 38: The Girl From Another World/ The Battle is (almost) Over

So, uh this girl appeared in the cottage today, she claims to be from a world called Nostoi. She's never appeared in any of the time loops before. Maybe she can finally help us kill off the Beast, but maybe she is just a distraction the Beast set up for us. Either way we are all tired, all of us, Alice, Penny, Julia, Eliot, Kady, Margo, and surprisingly Marina; but that was after all of the hedge witches were killed off. The time loop that we have created has been going on for what feels like forever but in 'reality' it has only been going on for 56. Anyways, we have her tied up right now and although her pleas are painful to hear we just don't know who we can trust anymore.

"Quentin! Would you stop writing in that god damn book and help me with this girl!" Margo yells at me from across the couch. I carefully shut the book, leaving the spell I enchanted on the book to do the writing for me, which is why you are reading this from my point of view even when I'm not writing. Off topic, right, okay let's get back to the story at hand.

We grab the girl and lift her onto the couch with the help of a sober Eliot. I know even more surprising then Marina joining us. She just sits there for a while looking unimpressed before she casts a spell.

"You must be shitting me! Quentin you forgot to tie up her hands?" Penny yells at me with mock surprise on his face. She breaks free and then removes the duck tape from her mouth.

"Hello, my name is Emery Keystone and if you idiots even cared to ask the general questions like: who am I? or What am I doing here? Maybe you could have saved yourselves from this." She says as she cast a spell. This girl knew her shit, the spell that she was casting it, uh, well let's just say understanding each other got a whole lot harder.

"You are who then ok." Alice attempts to say but her whole sentence came out backwards. Alice puts a hand to her throat looking distraught.

"Bitch little, you oh" Eliot says to her.

"you kill-" Marina begins before getting cut off by Emery.

"Okay, now that you guys are incapable of speaking actual sentences, I can speak. Like I've said before, my name is Emery. I came to Earth because you fuckers have been using a time loop that also effects my world. Every single time your time loop restarts the thing that you guys call 'the beast' kills my parents right in front of me." Emery says with a solemn yet angry look on her face.

"Beast the with not are you wait so." Jules says to the girl. Emery spends time putting Julia's sentence in order. I could see that she was already getting tired of it, even though this was only her fourth time re-ordering a sentence. No patience, what a good trait. With an unsatisfied grunt, Emery casts another spell.

"No, I am not with the beast. I'm on your side and before any of you ask my discipline is in Knowledge." Emery states as she slams her hand on the table. "Sorry, anger issues." She says as we all stare at her. "You all may speak now, I reversed the spell." She says before whispering. "God, you really are idiots."

"Ok, so what makes you think that we can trust you?" Marina asks to her as she gets up in her face.

"I'm not saying you should trust me; I'm just saying that we both have one common goal. Kill the beast, get revenge." Emery says as she takes off her leather jacket revealing dozens of tattoos.

"Woah, what's with all the tattoos." Eliot asks as he sits on the couch.

"It means rank, the more you have, the more qualified you are." Emery says as she sits down on the couch opposite to all of us.

"The hedge witches had a system kind of like that but except we do stars not sporadic and meaningless symbols." Marina says to Emery; it was like she was trying to start a fight.

"Enough, Marina! Look you came to us for help not so you can fight." I say getting tired of Marina threatening the new girl. Marina backs off and crosses her arms over her body.

"Ok so, I'm guessing that every time the time loop restarts you guys wait for him?" Emery says staring at all of us, analyzing are movements. I nod for the group ripping my gaze from her foreign eyes. "Well we just have to catch the beast by surprise. Do you guys know the phrase 'don't bring a gun to a knife fight, well we are bringing metaphorical guns to a metaphorical knife fight." Emery says bringing out multiple weapons out of her velvet bag.

"Each of you grab three, today we go into battle." Emery says as she fills her belt with weapons, there was such a variety of weapons to choose from, it seemed as if the bag she brought with her was endless. I decide to grab a double sided dagger, a potion labeled 'stun', and a push knife.

"Wait, who died and made you leader? Are we just going to listen to her?" Kady asks as everyone else finish grabbing their weapons.

"Yeah kind of, look our ideas never seem to work, we've been through this 56 times, only to die every time. What do you expect us to do?" Julia says with tired eyes, Kady looks around noticing how tired we all are, and then finally grabbed her weapons. Emery begins another spell her hands radiating purple before we were all put in semi-identical clothing.

"Now we look like a real team," Emery says smiling for the first time. "Okay, so this is how it is going to go down, your friend the traveler,"

"Penny," Penny exclaims.

"Right, Penny, will take us to Fillory where the beast lives and where you guys currently reign on as the kings and queens, correct?" She asks as we nod. "So we go to his castle and we attack him." She finishes.

"That's it, really?" Eliot asks rhetorically in an un-impressed manor.

"Do you have a better plan? Don't worry you guys have me this time, I practically know every spell in the spell book." Emery said. Emery was weird to say the least she would open up and then shut down, but it was obvious that by every passing minute she got more comfortable with us. Penny began to join hands with Kady and Julia and then we grabbed onto each others hands until we formed a circle. Penny shut his eyes and then we were in Fillory all over again right beside the invisible castle, where the beast was.

"Ready?" Emery asks.

"To die a painfully excruciating death all over again? Always." Eliot says sarcastically with a roll of his eyes.

"Calm down with the attitude." Margo says as Alice bends the light waves so we can see the castle. Emery is the first to approach the door. It opened, no lock, no trap, no anything, which could only mean one thing, the beast already knew we were coming.

"Uh, Emery. I'm starting to think this wasn't the greatest idea." I say to her as she steps into the castle.

"What's the worse that can happen? Everyone but one of you guys die and the loop restarts? We have nothing to lose." Emery says as the rest of the group joins her inside of the castle.

"Emery Keystone, nice of you to finally join the group, but do you really think you can stop me?" The beast says as he makes his way down the stairs. Emery had another plan, and once we got to know her better, we will grow to find out that she always has a plan A-Z. She was casting yet another spell so intricate that I thought she was going to become a nymph.

"Martin, we will defeat you." Emery says as I feel the weight of my weapons change. I look down to see that they are now made of moonstone. "Everyone go!"

"But we aren't master magicians the weapons will burn us." Kady says looking down to her pockets.

"Yeah but it's the only way we will make it out alive." Emery says as we all run towards the beast who was slowly inhaling all the air in the room with one of his spells. I grabbed the dagger and went straight for his heart as my hands burned and blistered. And just like that he was down, that and Emery was also casting a spell to weaken him.

It was all over, if only we remembered to stop the time loop. Emery will be so pissed.