Chapter One: Caller ID Unknow

Cameron's P.O.V

I hear a knock at my apartment door. Max starts to bark and wags his tail excited. It's Taylor and Trey. I let them in and they go sit down on the couch beside Aaron and Bart. While Joey, Willie, Blake and Coby are sprawled out over my several armchairs. I shut the door and sit down opposite them.

"So why've we been called at such short notice?" Taylor asks impatient. He drums his fingers on the arm of my black leather couch.

I run my fingers through my hair, nervous about the reactions I'm going to receive from my announcement.

"There has been some false and negative rumours about what Magcon, about what it really is." I pause.

"They're saying that we're just a group of pretty boys jumping up and down on stage. That we have no meaning, that we have nothing to promote then our good looks and bodies."

Aaron creases his brow in confusion, and Joey boos.

"But they're wrong! Trey, Aaron, Willie you guys are great singers, Taylor, Joey, Coby, Blake you guys can light up a crowd with just one word. And me well, I've got great taste in friends," I give them a wink, receiving a few small laughs.

"Magcon has helped so many people with things  like depression, anxiety and it has even stopped people from self harming. Magcon is a place where people can have fun and be themselves. Magcon is home." I finish.

The guys applaud, some pretending to wipe away tears.

"So how are we going to fix this? How are we going to show the haters what Magcon's all about?" Aaron asks.

"So me and Bart have been talking, and we had this idea, that might change the way people think of us. To prove that we're more then a bunch of pretty boys, we thought we could recruit a new member. And we have someone in mind," I answer.

"So who's the new guy?" Trey asks curious.

"That's the thing, it's not a guy," Bart interjects.

Aaron, Coby, Blake and Trey are shocked, while Willie and Joey seems thrilled at the idea of having a girl on tour. Taylor just seems angry. I'm bombarded with questions.

"Who is she?"

"How can she help us?"

"Is she single?"

I ignore the last question," Her names Hayley McMahon, some of you might know her from YouTube or Instagram, and she is an active 'He for She' campaigner. Half her videos are serious, will others are more light hearted, and quite funny if I'm being honest. And the reason Bart and I think recruiting her is a good idea is because, we thought she might speak on the topics of feminism and depression. And hopefully help those who are suffering from it, because that's what Magcon does, we help."

"I don't like this guys," Taylor argues. I ignore him.

"How'd you know she'll do it?" Coby asks.

"Well we don't, but we're hoping she'll agree to it. If no one has any objections, we'll ring her later and hopefully set up a meeting in Dublin," Bart replies.

"Why Dublin, why not California or New York?" Trey asks.

"She lives in Dublin," I answer.

"Won't that be difficult for her to get to know the guys while she lives in Ireland?" Trey wonders.

"She might choose to move over here, or stay with one of us for a while," I suggest.

"Won't she miss her family?"

"She doesn't have any."

Hayley's P.O.V

"Bye guys," I say waving at the camera. "And remember, no matter what they say, you can do and be whatever you want! As long as you don't want to be a serial killer, otherwise you should probably do what the law says."

I stop recording, and cringe at my own crappy joke, I'll edit that out later.

Proud of myself for finishing the video, I sashay into the kitchen to get some cake.

I'm halfway through my third slice, when my phone rings.

Caller ID: Unknown.

I'm hesitant in case it's Sky or 3 trying to sell me something. (They're Irish TV and Network companies.) But I pick it up anyway, because if it is them I can just pretend I don't speak English.

"Hey, is that Hayley McMahon?" The voice asks.

"Who's asking?" I reply.

"My names Cameron Dallas, I'm the co-owner of Magcon. You might of heard of us?" He replies.

I laugh, "Yeah sure and I'm Madonna, bye now," I hang up, and resume my cake eating.

The number rings again, this time they're trying to FaceTime me. I ignore it. They ring a second time, then a third, then a fourth. At the fifth call I'm so fed with the ringing, so I answer it.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT!?" I yell cake crumbs flying everywhere.

I look down at my phone and see Cameron Dallas, looking quite startled, as I yell at him with a mouth full of chocolate cake.

I drop my phone, and it lands on the table, giving Cameron a full view of me chocking on cake crumbs, at the fact that I hung up on Cameron Dallas.

Once I stopped dieing, I wipe my face, fix my hair and return to my phone. Cameron's still there waiting patiently. He's wearing a blue bandana and a sleeveless white baseball shirt. He's very pleasant to look at.

"So, em, sorry for hanging up on you, I thought it was a prank call." I apologise, going red in the face.

He laughs, he has a very nice laugh. I curse myself silently for being so damn creepy, so damn quickly.

"It's okay, you're not the first," Cameron reassures.

"Okay few." I laugh awkwardly, still slightly in awe.

"So, Hayley I was ringing to see if you'd be interested in joining Magcon," Cameron asks, cutting straight to the chase.

I look at him to see if he's joking, but Cameron seems completely serious. I open my mouth to say something, but nothing comes out. I'm too shocked to speak. Which is a good thing, because other wise I'd be screaming right now. I just nod my head.

He smiles, "I'm glad to hear that or should I say see that. Anyway, would you be interested in meeting up in Dublin for an interview, just to make sure you're right for the job?"

"Yeah, I'd love that, thank you so much for this opportunity," I manage to say.

"No problem, Hayley, though it should be me thanking you. I'll text  you later and we can arrange the details. Just please answer this time." Cameron laughs.

"And one thing, if you could keep this to yourself, that would be amazing."

"Yeah, sure no problem Cameron."

"Bye Hayley, I really enjoyed talking to you." Cameron waves and gives me a small wink.

I let out a small giggle, flattered bye his action, "Bye Cameron."

I wave and hang up. I clutch the phone at my chest. Still trying to contemplate what just happened. Did Cameron Dallas just ask me if I'd want to join Magcon. I let out a squeal and jump up and down, fangirling so hard.

He's even pretty in person, I sigh.

"God damn it! Heart no, no, no don't you dare. Stay strong, business first," I say out loud to myself.

But I had a feeling that promise would be easier said then done.