Common Abnormalities

Mothflight

Common Abnormalities

(c) 2013, Mothflight

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. This book contains material protected under International and Federal Copyright Laws and Treaties. Any unauthorized reprint or use of this material is prohibited. No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanic, including photocopying, recording, or by any information storage and retrieval system without express permission from the author or publisher.

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents either are products of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental.

Warning: This book contains some cursing that some would not like, if it's a problem for you then please don't read on or simply ignore it.

~*~

PROLOGUE

"Maybe we shouldn't be here." The smooth yet spicy voice tickled my ears.

I brushed off the warning and continued down the long tunnel.

The endless walls were darker than the midnight sky, nearly invisible against the dim lighting. The pit-pat of dripping water was the only noise that I could distinguish other than that of Aster's claws brushing along the terrain.

The dark cave had called to me and I found myself drawn to explore its depths, even despite the constant objections of my overly cautious counterpart.

I've heard stories of mysterious caves during late-night whispering. There's one that always sent chills down my spine. It's about a man who wants to be special, but he's very bad. He takes money from nanas and kits. The man wanted powers to rule the world. One day he wandered into a cave like this one and turned into a giant monster with four eyes and foul breath that slaughters your senses.

I'm determined to find this monster and bring his head to Jay. He doesn't think I can do it, but I'll show him.

I left Jay at the mouth of the cave. He insisted that I'm a sissy and that I can't do anything because I'm a girl. After decking him across the face, I bet him I could do it.

"You watch, Jay. When I come back with Spider Face's head, you'll be running faster than your soli all the way home." I stuck out my tongue.

"We'll see, Kayah. Don't come running to me when he breathes on your face and leaves you blind." He snickered, then spit on the ground in front of me. Without another word, I ran into the cave.

He'll be regretting his words when I show him what I'm capable of. His naivety and vanity makes him about as irritating as a human.

Wearing a wide grin on my face, I imagined him crying to his ma as I spelunked deeper into the casm. The air was stale and not a single breath of wind stirred. It smelled of graphite and I soon felt my throat become increasingly dry.

"Kayah. I can hardly breath."

"Hush, Aster. You've got a stonger set of lungs than me." I replied hoarsely.

I was determined to reach whatever secrets the cave held. I wasn't about to give up and let Jay make fun of me. He's always underestimated me. He says I can't handle my animal side and would be better off with a domestic cat as my soli.
I'll show him to make fun of me.