Niam au one shot

Prompt: then I like Niam just because I love size difference and Liam's all big and muscular and Niall's all little and I always picture Liam as like the football caption and Niall the short little nerd with Harry and him and Liam are like so in love and Liam holds all of Niall's books for classes and on football games Niall wears Liam's jersey since its like a tradition for the girlfriends to do it and Niall's just swimming in it and in the halls before class Niall goes on his toes to kiss Liam and Liam just smiles cuz Niall's to damn small.

Niall and Liam were the cutest couple in school. Girls were jealous of how adorable they were and the guys were always supportive. This was mainly due to the fact that Liam was a star football player for their school. He was respected by all of his peers when news spread that he was dating the soft spoken geek. Somehow, no one's quite sure of how this worked, the two total opposite boys not only became a couple but also wove their friend groups together in a seemingly seamless way. Niall, Harry, Danielle, and Eleanor, a group who originally kept within themselves not attracting any kind of attention,good or bad. Liam, Louis, zayn, and Perrie, the three jocks that all but ran the school and the beautiful, good-hearted cheerleader. (Plus over half of the football team.)

When the two boys first told their friends of the new budding relationship all of them were against it. As word spread many students, and a few teachers, were confused on how the two even met. However everyone's thoughts were soon subsided on a certain Friday morning just before a game.

**********************

Last night Liam had given niall his jersey to wear, because usually the players would give them to their girlfriends (and now boyfriend) before a game. So today niall was not going to break any kind of superstition that could turn the school against him. Walking into the gym, as everyone had to before school started, he felt all student's eyes on him. Luckily his side was soon met by none other than "the Payno" himself. Just the action of putting his arm over his much smaller boyfriend caused a slight blush to arise on the blonde's pale face. The two separated shortly as they ran up the bleachers to Liam's usual spot. However the second the quarterback sat down he pulled the "way to adorable for his own good" boy onto his lap causing him to go as red as the jersey cascading down his thighs. Upon the interactions everyone in the gymnasium were whispering about the couple including "how proud Liam looked when seeing niall in his number" "niall's rosy red cheeks growing deeper in color as each set of eyes crossed his frail body" and just the over all loveliness of the two. When Harry, Eleanor, and Danielle entered closely followed by Louis, zayn, and Perrie they all just paused looking at their best friends shamelessly flirting as if no one else was around them, never mind the entire junior class. At that moment all six decided that they would indeed join forces if they got to see the lovebirds so happy all time.

*************************

It's just over a year later and the close knit group were all discussing the game this afternoon. Niall was sporting the oversized jersey like he did before every game, as well as Perrie: seeing her and zayn were together. Like always everyone was ushered out of the gym and to their lockers before class. The enchanting couple were at niall's locker chatting before they were forced off to their first period, which luckily was Spanish that they had together. Soon the all too familiar bell rang through the halls causing everyone to scurry. Once the bright blue-eyed boy closed his locker and Liam swiftly took his books from his hands as always, the two walked skillfully to their class avoiding bumping into anyone. They took their seats at the table shared with Harry and Danielle and soon realized they had a sub which caused everyone to cheer. Lucky for them the substitute teacher announced he "did not care what they did as long as it wasn't against school rules and wouldn't get him in trouble." Many, as well as the four friends, used this time to their advantage gossiping like 13 year old girls until the next ring signaling them to move on.

After the final bell rang niall waited by his locker so he could return the jersey to his taller half. His waist was lightly grasped causing the blonde to jump, only to be soothed by spinning in his boyfriend's arms and seeing the beautiful face of the one he loved. Knowing there weren't many people left in the halls niall cupped Liam's face and gracefully rose on "tippy toes" to peck the boys soft, pink lips. The pair smiled widely, but soon broke apart as niall pulled the bright red jersey over his head. They headed opposite ways after a short goodbye/good luck exchange. Liam heading to the locker rooms and niall to find Harry and start for the bleachers.

This is how every Friday went before a game. The couple being adorable together all day and looking like lost puppies when they first separated. Everyone from friends, to peers, to teachers and parents watched on as the relationship seemed to grow more and more each day. From pet names to movie dates the pair were undeniably the perfect couple. Some were envious while almost all just awed at the lovesick duo. Liam and Niall showed the school that when you combine two seemingly incompatible forces you end up with a beautifully orchestrated outcome.

----------------------------

Thanks for reading if u did this is my first time ever writing a fanfic or relationship type story and im really proud of it so feedback is greatly appreciated. I saw this prompt in a tag and decided to give it a try. What do u think?