HOLY FIDDLESTICKS, I SAID IT.

A/N: So this is something I've tried. If it's bad, I won't even stop you from reading it. But just that since this is in Asher's POV and it is the time he confesses, I've used the same dialogues of the scene which is originally written, just revised them. So I hope you like like it, I really do. Enjoy!

ASHER'S POV.

So you know you're whipped when you think about a certain someone so much. Like, you know that now, you cannot and will not be able to unwhip yourself.

That's what's happened to me now. Whipped might not be a great word to describe exactly how I'm feeling, but it's on the borderline. Somewhat. If you'd asked me if I would ever feel this way a year back, I would've probably gone batshit crazy on you. I sure as hell knew that I would never feel the 'l' of love. Wow, I'm even saying that loudly.

The fact that I'm admitting that I love her now makes me want to scream at myself. Oh, you could have said it in another lifetime, perhaps?

But, honest talk, I'm glad I love someone like her. I know I'll never find anyone like her, clichéd or not. Birdie saved me, as cheesy and painstaking as it sounds. She brought a whole lot of feelings I didn't even imagine having and allowed me to fall in love with those feelings. I might seem like a clingy hormonal sixteen year old girl after watching 'The Notebook', but honestly, Birdie deserves all this. She deserves all the happiness in the world, goddamnit, and it's about time she realizes that.

I am in love with Wren Martin.

So, like all sappy clichés, I thought I should just let her know, you know? Like in the movies, when your best friends go all inspirational and philosophical on you and literally and figuratively push you off the couch and tell you to tell her that you love her and then somehow you're running and everyone on the streets just know you're going to ask your girl out? I almost fell for that shit. Almost being the key word. But, instead, my best friends were penguins. Useless penguins.

"Asher. The last thing I need you to do is stand in the rain and kiss Wren and get pneumonia." Zack says, and I roll my eyes, "Wow, Zack, are you out of references to use or are you just that dumb? The Notebook? Really? Of all movies?" I ask, and Brody laughs, shaking his head, "God, Zack."

"What? That's so sick, I mean why would you want to kiss wet lips in a wet atmosphere? Also when wet things are falling on you?" he remarks, and I roll my eyes again. "That just ruined rain for me. You had to describe raindrops as wet things didn't you? That was one pathetic innuendo, dude. Don't use it again, you might just scare Mia away." I say and throw a beer at Brody and get myself one. "I honestly think you need help. Real talk." Brody suggests, and Zack sighs. "I don't know, man. Getting help is expensive these days. I'll skip that party. Also, besides, you guys know you like my innuendos. You are just in denial." Zack explains, and me and Brody look at each other, shaking our heads. "What do we do with you, you demented little piece of shit?" we say at the same time, and Zack smiles. "So now when are you going to say it?" he changes subject, and Brody looks at me, pensive. "When time comes, actually. See, it'll eventually come by itself. You guys know I don't plan such delicate things, right? Especially when it comes to Wren. If I fuck this up, I swear, I'll never forgive myself." I mumble, and they nod, each in their own thoughts. "How about this time don't make it as extravagant as Prom? Because we all know she might just have a heart attack when you say 'I love you' on a big card when balloons are flying away." Brody exclaims, amusement in his voice. "Yeah," I say and laugh, glad that that day happened as I had planned it would. Her face was so beautiful, damn it. "Ash, you'll do okay the day or the moment you finally say it. Wren just missed out on this sexy body," he motions to his toned body, and I chuckle. "And as much as it pains me to tell you this, I'm glad she missed out on me. It makes me so damn happy to see you smile again, Asher. It had been absolutely forever. So now, because you're my shitty best friend and I hate you so much, I trust you that you'll keep her happy. Because also, what choice do I have?" he softly says, and I hug him, "you fucking idiot." He laughs and slaps my back, "Don't hurt her okay, Ash wipe? She's my best friend too, you know. I won't hesitate to slap your head upside down if I see her hurt." He says, and I nod, "yes, sir." And he smiles.