Coffee

Laughing at something Kirstie had said, Mitch walked into the coffee shop with his two best friends. Scott gave Mitch a warning look as they lined up to order their drinks. He knew when Avi's shift in the shop was, and he knew what Mitch could be like when it was Avi on the counter. Mitch grinned back at him, and he knew exactly what was coming. He gave Kirstie a look that he hoped would convey the message he was trying to give: it's possible we may have to fight off another angry man who wants a latte.

Scott and Kirstie made sure to get their drink orders in first. "The usual, thanks a lot Avi." They looked on as Mitch gave his boyfriend a sickly sweet smile.
"A mocha frappucino please, sweetie."
"Got it. That'll be $4.75." Avi had his own smile on his face. It was in spite of himself, really: he was the one who had to deal with the angry customers afterwards.
"$4.75? But I'm your boyfriend!" Mitch's acting skills really did him credit; he looked genuinely surprised.
"$4.75, Mitch."
"I'll bake you cookies."
"$4.75."
"I'll let you pick the movie we watch!"
"$4.75."
"I'll give you a kiss!"
"Fine..."
Mitch gave a satisfied grin, and leaned in to kiss Avi. The taller man cupped Mitch's chin as they kissed, lingering there for a second. Mitch was smirking as he pulled away. This was to be expected, but Avi, surprisingly, was smirking too.
"So, how much now?" Mitch giggled.
A shit-eating grin accompanied Avi's answer. "$4.75."