Telekinesis

Tinsel mining colony was about 1 lightyear from the nearest habitable planet. Twelve families lived on the station that was constructed out of an asteroid rich in minerals. The first asteroid was destroyed by an explosion that occurred when one of the miners carelessly used demolitions to destroy a cave. Most of the families escaped alive except one girl's family.

Asha twirled her auburn her and sipped the last fresh water of her rations for that week. She would receive more drinking water the next day and she tried to keep extra rations but always failed to do so.

There were no seasons on the station and everything remained the same for the last month. She was reminded of her family's death by the debris of the previous station floating in the vastness of space. She woke up one hour earlier than usual and didn't have to go down to the cafeteria until 7 am. 

She closed her eyes and felt the station around her, the whispers of the dreams of the miners seemed to be interconnected with her dreams.
She thought of the clouds on Hanherra and the twin moons that were always behind the clouds. Those days were far behind her and she needed to get ready for the day ahead.

They had the usual serving of cold porridge with stale bread. The air was dry and felt cold. The hairs on the back of her neck stood up as her body temperature dropped. Her neighbour, in bunker A3 stood beside her before fainting. She could feel his last moments of life as he feel on the white metal floor of the cafeteria.

"He had a severe lung infection.", one of the medics stated.

Asha knew this not to be true. She could sense the common symptoms of deception in him. Why was she feeling what everyone else around her was feeling? 

It all happened at the time of the incident.  When the first asteroid exploded into chunks of smaller pieces of matter. She was exploring the sick bay when she had encountered a person in a large tube. It was a boy, he seemed to be a reflection of her and as she touched the glass chamber, she fell into a deep slumber.
Awoken by the whispers of the medical staff, she overheard only a few details of her ailment.

"She's just like the Sagio..."
"We have to observe her for the time being, she might be of use to our kind."

She had no idea what they meant but her heavy eyes would not allow her to be awake for more than 2 minutes.

Asha looked down at what was the leftovers of her cold porridge. I don't think that goldilocks would consume this, she thought. The bell went and everyone had gone to complete their day's work... except Asha. She had no particular talent for mining and all of the other jobs seemed to bore her.

Her place was not on this colony but where did she belong? Her family seemed to like living on the asteroid field. Why did her parents choose to live on a place like this? They had been wealthy before... before she was born.

Her parents sold all of their properties to live a simple life on a mining colony. Asha always questioned her older sister about it but she always ignored her concerns.

Her older sister Brennya was nothing like her. She was a beautiful,  social able young lady that looked barely over 21 years old even though she was 25 years old (based on the rotation of our home planet, the mining station orbits the closet star every 3 days so she would be pretty old.)

Asha longed for the company of her sister, always complaining of the weather and her lack of beauty supplies. Asha was never considered beautiful and compared to her sister, she seemed like a rock in a land full of diamonds.