Kyoka Suiegetsu: Sakanade

The two hardest things to say in life

are hello for the first time

and goodbye for the last...

It had been a few weeks since Loveara first started at Brakebills and she had been quick to make friends with Quentin and the others. It was the happiest time of her life because she suddenly felt as though she truly belonged somewhere. That's why Loveara gave up on her natural talents, why she was currently standing in an empty classroom shoving stray chocolate colored strands off her tanned face, and why her grey eyes were so focused on the block of wood in front of her. She knew she needed to learn battle magic before the fight with the Beast, but no matter how hard she tried she couldn't actually get it.

"Loveara... You need to focus! We don't have time for any of this!"

"I get that Penny!"

"Do you, because we are about to have an all out battle with a monster and you won't last five minutes out there!"

"Less talking more teaching. You said it yourself I don't have time to-"

The frustrated female was cut off by the sound of the classroom door slamming open and heels clicking in a rush along the polished floor. Margo had stopped beside the wooden block giving the duo a view of her blood covered cheeks and trembling body before she collapsed to her knees. She covered her face and broke out into angry, horrified sobs giving the native american girl and her partner reason to her ghostly pale skin.

"Margo what happened?!" the girl asked rushing to her classmates side.

"H-He's here! The Beast is here at Brakebills! He killed Eliot!" she cried looking up at them in pure sorrow.

Loveara looked over her shoulder at Penny to see his worried expression when the realization finally sank in. They weren't prepared to fight and the Beast of Fillory was now on their doorstep killing anyone who posed a threat to him and that meant Quentin and his 'gang'. Penny stared back at his best friend with his wide brown orbs and quickly grabbed Margo's wrist dragging her back onto her feet.

"We need to help the others... Loveara stay here and hide."

"No I'm going to help!"

"Look there is nothing you can do now! We are fucked and I don't want to see you dead!"

Loveara took a step back and watched in shock as Penny and Margo disappeared into the hallway. Sure she and Penny had become best friends, but even then he had never once showed concern for anyone other than himself and Kady. She bit her lower lip thoughtfully debating if she should listen to the concerns of her friends or do what she could despite the costs it entailed. She looked over at the books of illusions she had discarded for battle magic because at the time she thought that abandoning her natural abilities and focusing on something with more force behind it would help her conquer anything including the Beast. She had vowed to be ready, but the time was finally here and she still wasn't prepared to fight anyone or anything. Not with what little battle magic Penny and Alice had taught her and not with her Illusionists magic that would prove to be worthless now.