Cornered

Hey peeps! As ur reading this, u may notice tht it follows about the same story line as the old version of this book. This is the new and revised version and hopefully, a lot easier to understand and way more exciting! While ur reading, plz ignore any grammer or spelling mistakes kaz, chances are, I already noticed them and plan 2 fix them eventually. I will probably be uploading one chapter each day, depending how much time I have to write and be on the computer. I get really bad hand cramps if I write 4 too long so I might not get a whole lot done. Anywhoo, plz enjoy the 1st chapter of my new and revised Vampyre Story :)

XXX

I wander aimlessly along the streets of my coven's "hometown." It is quiet and I meet no one along my way. The streets are dark, lit only by a few campfires. I don’t really live here, but a lot of my free time is spent here. Tonight is my turn to patrol the northern sector of my coven.

Ok, so my "coven" isn’t really much of a coven. It’s more like a tribe since we have a few werewolves living here. Covens are large groups of between 40 and 50 vampyres, packs are smaller groups of about 30, or less, werewolves, and tribes are really big groups of vampyres and werewolves. This coven is what my mentor belongs to so I’m kindda stuck with it. I don’t mind though. My best friend, Trista, belongs to this coven too. Trista usually patrols with me, but for some reason I was sent out alone tonight.

According to Angyre, my mentor, we didnt have these precautions a few years ago, though I’m pretty sure he really means a few centuries. Angyre is immortal so time isn’t the same for him as it is for you and me. Anyways, back then, there was a new family of vampyres that came and took the throne from the old King and Queen. Well, this caused a lot of fighting amongst the tribes, covens, packs, and stuff and, well... things got pretty messed up. I don’t really understand it. I’m lousy at history.

So after this new King and Queen came along, they started changing all of our laws and saying that vampyres are better than all the other supernatural creatures - which is so not true - and stuff. This did not make the Elders, or any members of the Council, very happy. The Council is a group of a two to five representatives of every supernatural creature and they help keep the peace.

Well, anyways, the Council sent the Elders to dispatch the new King and Queen. The Elders killed them, but they had a son, Aran. Aran is just as psycho as his parents, so he declared war against all supernatural creatures. There were a bunch of vampyres and werewolves that joined Aran, along with many other supernatural creatures.

You would think that it wouldn’t be hard to keep track of who’s on what side, but it isn’t. Its pretty much chaos all around - which Aran loves - and everyone is fighting everybody else. So, the reason I’m walking around, feeling like an idiot, is because there’s a huge war going on. Its great isn’t it? Yeah, not really.

I hear a rustling noise in some of the trees just beyond the perimeter. It could just be one of the other vampyre's familiars, but I decide to check it out anyways. Stupid idea.

Bow in hand, I slip between two tents and silently step into the trees. I don’t even see that damn arrow coming. It hits me in the dead center of my forehead, and I fall on my butt, hard. I yank the arrow out of my head and sit up, furious, but, before I can say anything, another arrow hits me in the shoulder.

Though it doesn’t do me any serious injury, it does annoy me. "STOP HITTING ME WITH GODDAMN ARROWS!!" I scream and shoot an arrow randomly into the trees.

This time, it’s a sword coming at me. It barely misses as I flatten myself to the ground. I chuckle under my breath. An enemy with a sense of humor.