My Pain, Your Pleasure

"Ofcourse I'd go to the supermarket for a gallon of  milk and leave with five grocery bags full of food," Paris thought as she exited the supermarket wobbling from the wieght of the bags. She smiled to herself as she fondled her coat pockets for her car keys remembering the time when she, her brother, and father would poke fun at her mother's inability to get exactly what she wanted from the supermarket. Its funny how simple memories were often the fondest ones.

Smiling to herself and shaking her head she inserted her key into the trunk of her new Nissan Pathfinder. Opening the trunk she placed the groceries inside. Just before she closed it, one of the brown paper bags fell over, dumping a carton of eggs on the parking lot ground. "Ughhh, really?," Paris uttered in frustration, as she proceeded to get on her hands and knees to clean up the mess she made.

Paris froze. On this windy cool night  she felt the air brush over face, her hands, and her slightly exposed ankles. However, she felt no draft on her neck. Someone was behind her. With sweaty palms and bewildered eyes she rose slowly so as to not startle her new guest. There was no movement, she could hear only the rustling of the leaves in the distance and her heart demanding freedom from her chest. Before she could even execute an escape plan, the mysterious figure yanked her ponytail back and covered her mouth with a sweet smelling towel. Every attempt to scream or draw attention to herself was futile. She made a late night run and the parking lot was essentially empty. Tears of fear began streaming down her eyes as she began to lose consciousness. The last thing she remembered seeing before being thrown into the trunk of her own car was her kidnappers wedding ring; black with three diamonds in the middle.