Prologue

Ink stumbled slightly, blood gushing from his wound. He held himself steady with his brush.

Nightmare hat gotten a very lucky and fatal strike at the creator. It was a wonder how he even escaped.

He lifted his brush, wobbling a bit, and made a sloppy portal to the antivoid.

His eyes dashed from side to side looking for him. "E-ERROR!" His voice shook as he limped in.

In the distance he could see a silhouette. With the little strength he had left he ran forward.

Error growled at him as he got closer but soon noticed the blood. "I-ink? What the he'll happened to you?!" His eyes softened and flashed with worry.

Ink gasped in pain, as his legs gave out.

Error grunted as Ink practically fell into his arms.

"Ink! What are you doing? You seriously need help!" Error hissed.

"N-no! I...i -gasp- need to.... talk to you!" Ink sputtered as he clinched to errors coat. To weak to stand. Noticing this, Error dropped to his knees letting the creator lay on his chest. He cringed as he felt inks blood soak into his coat.

Ink finally looked up and into the destroyers eyes.

"Error, when I dust... you must know there will be.... another to take my place.... a new creator will rise..." ink stopped, closing his eyes for a minute. He opened them slowly, bull and saddened.

"Error. When they come into existence... in an hour of my death up to a year... you must be there... before nightmare... he knows this... he will sense them... but not before you... please promise me Error... that you will take... care of them.... ple-!" Error tensed up in fear as ink began to cough almost violently. "P-promise... m-me..." he choked out.

Error didn't know what to do. This was a great opportunity to finally get rid of the universe... but ink... he was suffering. And when he dies the whole multiverse will suffer. Maybe he should be the protector his brother always failed to be. Error grunted then sighed, before looking down at ink.

"I promise." Error murmured gently.

Ink smiled warmly. He reached up and placed a hand on Errors cheek, pulling his head down. With one gentle movement forward, clinked his teeth against errors in a skeletal kiss. He pulled back and laid his head on Errors chest once again, leaving the destroyer in confusion.

Ink chuckled slightly. "You'll never know how much..... I love you." He tried to hold it back but the tears rushed down his cheeks."I-ink," Error whispered. "I..... I love you too."

With a smile Ink closed his eyes in content. The last bit of life leaving his body. His breathing began to slow down before stopping.

Ink... the creator, was gone. And soon his body dusted into nothingness.

Error was left to a great responsibility. He didn't know why Ink trusted him.... maybe because of his love for the glitch.... but all he knows is-

He'll do everything in his power to protect the new creator.