I'll make things right

Sonic awoke with a start and gasped. He felt cold, unnaturally cold. He got up onto his feet and surveyed his surroundings, black, all black. "wh-where am I?" he asked himself. He thought back to the last thing he could remember, he had defeated Eggman, crashed the egg carrier and saved Elise. The two of them had been walking through a field together, back to her castle, when he felt a sharp pain going through him, then, here. He felt no pain now, just... empty... he put a hand up to where the pain had been, no injury... That's when he came to the realization, he was dead... No... N-no... he thought to himself, this can't be happening... He found himself doing the one thing he did most, running, running through the empty black void in which he was trapped. Without any sense of direction, he ran in the direction he deemed to be forward. He felt uneasy, He ran with nothing impeding his progress, however he didn't feel the wind on his face, and the adrenaline rush he normally felt was absent. He ran and ran for what felt like hours through the seemingly infinite darkness. His mind raced the whole time, thoughts about Tails, Knuckles, Amy and all of his other friends. His thoughts where interrupted when he saw light in the distance.He picked up the pace hoping it was a way out. He stopped when he saw the source of the light, a small fire that, despite not having any fuel, was burning bright and strong. Sitting in front of the fire, hugging her knees with her back turned to him, was a purple cat that sonic had never sen before, or had he? She seemed content with what she was doing, but she just seemed so familiar, he just had to say something to her. He tapped her shoulder and she spun around instantly, wide-eyed at the fact that someone else was in this place with her. the look of shock on her face changed to an expression that one could only describe as realizing something, sonic looked into her golden eyes and it hit him. "B-blaze?" he asked, she nodded "sonic?" he nodded back. Blaze got up and frowned "I remember now... the emeralds somehow put our worlds into some sort of glitch, i was sent to the future of your world without any memory, while you returned t your time and lost all memories of me." Sonic nodded, "sounds about right" He smiled "so that's what's been bugging me, those cloudy memories where of you" Blaze nodded again "Sonic, how did you end up here?" he explained the events leading up to his death. Blaze bit her lip and looked down "so we both..." Sonic raised an eyebrow "Y-you too?" she explained how she had sacrificed herself to stop Iblis. Sonic felt like he had been punched in the gut "so this is it for us huh..?" she shook her head and motioned around them "this is a realm where spirits with unfinished business end up" she told him. Sonic's ears perked "so there's still a chance?" she nodded "but until something does happen..." she sat back down and patted the space beside her and he sat down next to her. Sonic started the conversation "Blaze, I'm sorry about what happened..." she cut him off "I did this on my own accord" she looked down, blushing slightly "but it's nice to know my favorite person cares" the blue blur himself blushed a bit "of course I do...". The two of them talked for hours on end, about hobbies, secrets, fears, family and how the time glitch could have been prevented. Blaze had told him "if one where to go back and put out the flames of disaster in their 'infancy' they would never have existed, everything would be made right..." Sonic listened closely to every word of this. As the two continued to chat, unknown to each other, they where growing on each other more and more. A few more hours past, and just as Blaze was in the middle of a sentence, she stopped. "Sonic?" she asked, pointing behind him. He quickly turned and looked in the direction she was pointing, finding a small orb of light orbiting around him. More spheres appeared around him. Blaze watched the orbs "you're going back" she told him. The orb's rotation sped up. Sonic's ears drooped "b-but blaze... what about you? I don't want to leave you behind..." Blaze got up and did something that Sonic never would have expected, she kissed him. He was left speechless "Sonic, just go... It'll be OK..." she told him. The orbs started to speed up more as sonic began glowing and fading. "Blaze..." "Sonic..." The duo held each other's hands. They both spoke at the same time "I Lo..." , they where both interrupted by Sonic fading away. Sonic awoke in the air, surrounded by a golden aura, his super form achieved. All of his friends, aside from Blaze, stared at the golden hedgehog in front of them, happy that he was back. Shadow and Silver walked towards him and started their own transformations. Sonic looked on towards Solaris, and frowned. If Blaze is right, we'll beat this thing, go back and put out the flames to fix everything... But that means we probably won't meet again... The purple feline was stuck in his mind. Shadow and Silver joined him in the air, waiting for his signal. Sonic took a deep breath, OK Blaze, for you... He signaled for the others to charge, I'll make things right...