Red

"Hey, shortie."

Someone walks up behind me and wraps their strong arms around my waist, lifting me a foot off the ground. I take the binder I was holding and hit him in the back of his head. He laughs but still doesnt drop me. I know that I could easily get out of his grasp, and he knows it too. But I dont think I would beat up my best friend.

"Griffin! Put me down!" I demand, trying not to instinctivly fight my way out. He unwraps one hand and slams my locker shut, before turning my body sideways so he can hold me like a baby. "No can do, Boss. I was wondering if you could help me with a trail ive got on that Francesco Angela guy in Italy."

I gasp and cup my hand over his mouth, looking around to see if anyone heard... But then I realize he was speaking in Italian, so even if they did hear, they wouldnt understand. I glare at him and say in perfect French "Non, je suis trop occupe."

He huffs and starts carrying me down the hall, through the flood of students going in the opposite direction. "Well if you're so busy, would you mind telling me what you're doing?" He switches back to English, with a hint of his southern accent.

"Im flying in to Afghanistan this weekend so I can test that prototype me and Beckett are working on, and possibly sell it."

A confused look crosses his face.

"How are you gonna get out of here to do that?" He asks.

"I dunno." I answer honestly. "Beckett says hes got a plan... A complicated plan."

He nods his head but doesnt communicate any further, as he walks steadily down the now deserted hallways.

I sigh and decide not to even try asking where Griffin is taking me. Instead I look around at the red velvety rug that rests on beautiful hardwood floors. The stone walls that stretch sixteen feet to the hand painted ceiling above. Stainglass windows and sculptures and antiques, decorate the grand castle in which we live. Yeah, I said castle. But by castle, I mean boarding school. Just, a very different boarding school than the average.

Yes we have handcrafted desks and marble staircases, but its still a place where troubled teens come to learn. Troubled teens, I know, I said it. The depressed, the drunk, and the criminals. Thats us. Griffin and I fall under the category of criminals, because in a way, we are.

It was three years ago when I was sent here, for what seemed like a pretty good reason. But the people whom sent me here don't know the whole story.

Im not normal, for starters. Ive always had a fascination with cops, snipers, bombs.... Not very girly. But that lead to me owning my own gun at the age of eight, then how to disable a bomb, and pick pocketing. Before I was twelve, I knew more about the worlds criminals than I did world history. I knew how to hack fire walls and where to position your knife for the death blow.

So I put myself to the test.

My partner Beckett and I prepared to bring down Alban Schneider; the man who we found (after two weeks of research) had caused all of the trouble in America. Bringing down the Statue of Liberty and various locations in Florida, including Walt Disney World. Apparently hes a relative of Hitler. Wanting revenge on his family members death, he attacked Great Britan as well.

Right before we had him, Schneider would slip away. Again and again. Untill somthing went wrong in one of his plans and he needed medical attention. It actually wouldn't have been dangerous, no one knew that he was the one who was causing all the mayhem. So Schneider went to a small hospital in his home country, Germany.

Fortunatly, Beckett had hacked into the hospitals system earlier that day, so we found him there.

As I had prepared to run the knife across his throat, the security cameras had a malfunction so Beckett didnt see the nurse walking down the hall towards me.