Slowly and then all at once

~~~Levy's Pov~~~

BBRRING!

BBRRING!

BBRRING!

I slammed my hand down on my alarm clock, searching for the snooze button. The annoying ringing in my ears began to give me a headache. The ringing stopped and I dropped my arm from the alarm clock. I sighed before lifting my head out of my covers. Squinting at the clock, my eyes widened before flinging the covers off of me and rushing to the bathroom.

I was incredibly late for work. I had recently acquired a job at Magnolia Publishing Co. as an editor. They were a fantastic publishing company, all the best sellers were published from this company. Because of their high reputation, getting a job as an editor here is extremely difficult. I had sent in my resume almost half a year ago only to be accepted two months ago.

Like I said, extremely difficult. And I was an hour late.

Taking a quick shower, I stepped out of the bathroom with my hair still damp. I pulled on my usual black business jacket, pencil skirt combo and a pair of two-inch black heels. I quickly grabbed my comb and brushed through the slight curls. I placed a black headband onto of my hair. I've been told I had a lovely blue shade of hair, whatever that looks like. A full length mirror hung from the back of my bedroom door. I pulled my skirt down a little more and tried to style my hair in vain. It was moments like these where I wished I could see what I actually looked like, full color I mean.

Everything is black and white when you are born. Your first breath of life, the first time you see light. Your parent's eyes, hair, skin, all black and white. You only get one soulmate, someone to love forever. Only then will you have the gift of color. Twenty-five years into my life and the world is still dull as ever.

I grabbed my phone from charging on the nightstand to find I was now an hour and thirty minutes late. There was no time to brood over it now. I grabbed my purse that was hanging off the doorknob and shoved my phone in it. I grabbed my keys and flew out of my apartment, locking the door behind me. I was lucky I didn't break a heel rushing down four flights of stairs. As I ran out of my apartment building, I was thinking of flagging down a cab when I noticed the immense traffic. I would get there faster speed-walking than sitting in cab. I started in the direction of Magnolia Publishing Co. By walking, I would get there in thirty minutes, by speed-walking I would get there in twenty.

On the way there I spotted my favorite cafè, the Fairy Tail. I regularly frequented the cafe so much that I became best friends with the barista on his 7 o' clock shift. Being there repeatedly, I always ordered the same thing. I should've gotten sick of French vanilla cinnamon iced coffee, but it reminded me of the home I left behind two years ago. My parents were heartbroken when I announced that I was leaving.

Don't get me wrong, I still talk to them and visit when I can. But my mom's vanilla cinnamon hot chocolate was the absolute best and reminds me the most of home. I pulled out my phone once again and found that I had twenty-five minutes left before I was exactly two hours late. Hopefully, he would have a coffee ready to go for me. It was a stretch but I needed the caffeine now more than ever. This adrenaline wasn't going to last much longer. As I walked through the door, a two small bells above me rung, signaling my presence to the employees.

The barista behind the counter was fixing a coffee, presumably for himself, seeing as no one was in line waiting for theirs. He looked up from the coffee machine and smiled when he saw me.

"Hey Levy! Been a while, I thought you'd never come," he grinned. I smiled in return.

"Hey, Natsu. Its not like I come here on a daily basis," I shot back in a teasing way. Natsu laughed all the while still focusing on the coffee.