Surprise Event

December 09, 2016

"Congrats Khun-ah!"

Series of congratulation is what I'm hearing as I got back from where the event was held and all I did was kept on bowing and giving thanks to them. A bit overwhelming I should say.

"Khun-ah are you tired?" I looked at the person who asked me, it was Fei noona.

"Ah, ne. I'm heading to my room now, waeyo?" Why I asked her in return as I approach her here in the lobby.

"Ah, I was going to ask if you want to join us, to celebrate. This!" then she showed me her trophy.

"I would love to but can I say no? I have an early flight tomorrow. We'll celebrate once we get back to Korea, I promise!" I informed her. She nodded and joined the others. Before she could leave, I immediately congratulate her as well then she nod and bid her goodbye.

"This will be a long night!" I sighed. Where could Jeong-hyung be? I waited for the elevator and head back to my room. When it opened, I saw Hyung standing in front of my suite.

"Hyung!" I called and walked to where he is.

"Oh Khun, I was about to call you. What do you want to talk about?" I told him awhile ago that I wanted to talk to him about something. And since the event's finished, I could ask him now. 

"Hyung can I go to Beijing?" Keeping my fingers crossed, I questioned. But based on his facial expression, I think he will disagree. "I'll be back in the morning Hyung." I smiled afterwards the smile I always pull off whenever I ask for something.

"Khun, this is perilous, I'm worried. What if the press finds out? Do you think the higher ups will be happy?" He questioned me back. Not knowing what to say, I absentmindedly check my shoes and put my hands in my pocket accepting my defeat. "Will that make you happy? With you going there?" There was a long pause from my end since I wasn't paying attention after he said something about our boss.

"Yes" I finally utter.

"It's her isn't she?" I look up and saw there's a smile on his face. I couldn't help it, I smiled too.

"I learned that she attended an event too, might as well surprise her." I informed him why I came up with the idea to head to Beijing.

"Haha, some things really do not change around here, still the babo Nichkhun ey?" he teases me. "How would you know where she is? Have you thought about that? Because I don't want to call anyone, it's inconvenient. I'll handle things here while you handle that. It's your surprise not mine." I haven't really thought about that. Hahaha. I opened my door while I'm brainstorming and Hyung follows.

"I'll think about that when we're on the way to the airport."

"Uhm I'm not going to the airport Khun, I said I'll handle things here." He explained with some gestures.

"Hyung..." he didn't wait for a plea and he shook his head. "Okay let me pack my things, I won't change my clothes. I'll bring some extra so that when I head back I could change." I start to pack my things and get my backpack. "Hyung, if you're not coming with me then bring this with you just in case, as you said, you'll handle things here." I look at his reaction and he's not happy that I made him watch for my things. In the end, he's still an accessory to this plan that I came up without thinking too much of what could be the consequences when the press gets a hold of this.

"Khun, think who could help you on this! Argh!" babo Nichkhun! I hailed a cab to go to the airport. "Phoenix Airport, ahjusshi." I informed him. I hope that he doesn't recognize me as well. All I have is this mask to somehow hide who I am. Luckily, Jeong-hyung was able to sneak me out of the hotel. But my dilemma now is who am I gonna ask for her location?