Chapter 1

I was cleaning my ax when they brought in Sam and laid him on the kitchen table. He was bleeding heavily. 

"What now?!" I cried, jumping up from the chair I was sitting in. 

"George thought he was one of them. Turned around and shot him." Clark said, rolling his eyes. Lucy and Marina were already cutting open his shirt to fix the wound. 

"Where's Greg, Philip?" I asked, looking for towels in the the unfamiliar house. The plan was to stay here for only three days tops, but from the looks of things it would be longer. 

"I thought he was here with you guys." Philip said, washing blood off his hands with some dirty sink water. 

"He went to go find food four hours ago." I said. 

"Four hours ago?" Clark yelled. 

"I'll go find him." I said, picking up my ax and gun. 

"I'm coming with you." Philip said. 

We went outside, and headed for the middle of the deserted town. We had chosen a one level house that sat toward the edge of this small town called Millerville. This town had obviously been wiped out by zombies when the attacks first began, with the number of dead on the streets. We had no idea where we were at otherwise.

"Is there a grocery store downtown?" I asked, as we went further away from our base. 

"Yeah. We saw it earlier but didn't want to bother with it since there was a pharmacy across the street from it. Who knows what could be in that store?" he said. I nodded my head in agreement. Someone could easily be hiding out in there, or something worse. 

"We better find him soon." I said, as we picked up the pace. The sun would be setting soon, and the zombies would be coming. 

As we went along, I thought back to the time life was simple, and easy. I went to school, and hung out with my friends. I went on vacations with my family, and went to the movies with my boyfriend. They're all dead now. The zombies got them, and I barely escaped. 

"How much do you know about Greg?" I asked. 

"Just as much as the rest of us." Philip said. I sighed. 

"Didn't you go to school with him?" 

"Just because I went to school with him doesn't mean I personally 'know' him. There was over nine hundred students in my high school alone." he said. 

"Okay, okay. I get ya. But why would he wander off on his own?" I asked. 

"I guess we'll see. The grocery store is just a block away." I got my ax ready, because this town was too quiet for my taste. Who knows what could be out there?

*****

Hello! This was just a little intro to a new story I am writing. If all goes well, expect an AWESOME story to follow. This is going to be amazing...

~Lovekbc13~