Chapter 1

You snuck carefully through the woods, small footsteps and the echo of twigs broken under you ringing throughout the forest. Your cat- Pete, had bolted out the door into the cool autumn breeze. With a sigh, you dawned your gray hoodie and exited the warm confines of your home.

"Pete? Pete!" You called out as you crept, looking suspiciously at every branch you passed. The woods had always made you paranoid, never knowing what was lurking within its murky depths.

Thoughts of large snakes and hideous creatures filled your mind as you wandered off the path, searching desperately for your rambunctious cat.

  A long line of trees stood before you, twisting and bending into gnarly twigs and branches in the shadows of the moonlight, causing an internal gulp. You stared expectantly up at the large oaks, summoning your courage as you pushed further into the woods. 'Here we go...' You thought to yourself.

  Small strides towards the towering trees only made you feel smaller, your breath picking up as your senses heightened. Sensitive ears heard each shuffle of leaves and twig falling through the woods, whimpering softly as each sound conjured a new fear.

As you passed the line of large, towering trees, you spotted a figure, causing your heart (and lunch) to lurch. "H-Hello?" You called out in a shaky, soft voice.

The shadowy figure turned to look at you, it's muzzle pulled back in a defensive snarl. 'Shit' you thought to yourself. The large mass of black fur took steps to approach you, green eyes piercing through the moonlight shaded darkness.

You could hear your heartbeat in your ears, small nervous breaths hitching in your throat with each inhale. You knew the woods wasn't safe. You knew you should have come here. Pete always comes back, why was today the day you decided to follow him?

  The snarling creature approached you, it's head held low to the ground as its green eyes stared up at you, eyeing you with a glare hard enough to shoot daggers. It's eyes seemed so...human, almost too expressing.

The snap of jaws pulled you out of your thoughts, causing your stomach to jump into your throat in surprise. This was it, you knew you weren't returning to your cozy home. As the large animal took a step into the light, you realized its identity- a large, black wolf.

The creature, now recognizable as a wolf, was standing inches in front of you, it's ears drawn back and muzzle contoured into an unwelcoming snarl. You hesitantly held your hand out, allowing the large wolf to sniff your hand, hoping it would react like a domestic dog.

As the green eyes beast locked eyes with you, it's snarl soon relaxed, sniffing your hand cautiously as he watched you. The cold touch of the dogs nose caused you to jump slightly, even in the terrifying situation, laughing quietly at the cold sensation.

  The creature looked up at you with intrigue, his muzzle remaining close to your hand. He gave a submissive whimper and flicked his tongue between lips as black as its fur, gently dragging it across your palm. He seemed to have lost his fiery personality, becoming similar to a docile house pet.

  You smiled lightly as you pulled away, gently rubbing one of the dogs large pointed ears, receiving a tail wag in response.

After a few moments of petting the large wolf, he began to back away, looking at it with a confused expression. It hunched down, sniffing the leaves as it gave a small shudder, it's dark black fur rippling and low growls escaping his throat.

  Within seconds, the large wolf had turned into a tall boy, his curly black hair sticking up in Wild directions.

A wide smile spread across his soft pink lips as he spotted you, his green eyes lightly up as he took a large step forward. He bounded towards you, his long arms wrapping around your neck as he giggled, pulling you into his chest excitedly.

  You felt your cheeks warm up, a light pink blush spreading across your cheeks as the wolf boy hugged you. Being so close to his chest you could smell him, surprisingly pleasant, a mix of pine needles and fresh air tickling your nose.

  He held tightly into you....I guess you're not going home yet.